Editing Scientific Medical Texts
13th June 2013 — 14th June 2013
REGISTER BEFORE 3RD MAY TO RECEIVE AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
This course has been designed for medical writers and for people who work with scientific, technical and medical texts or who have to prepare documents for regulatory submission. It is suitable for native and non-native English speakers.
The number of participants is restricted to 16 to ensure that group work on the texts provided is effective.
ABOUT THE COURSE
- This is a hands-on course where audience participation is very much expected. It is intended for those working with technical, medical and scientific texts who have to edit and use texts from non-native and native speakers of English.
- The focus of the course is not on English grammar, but on conveying a clear and simple message to the reader by the use of concise and consistent language suited to different target audiences.
- The first day gives an introduction to the principles and practice of editing in interactive sessions and finishes with a session on giving feedback to authors.
- Participants will be sent two half-page texts at least 1 week before the course and are expected to familiarise themselves with the texts. These texts form the basis for group work, exercises, and a feedback session on the first day.
- The second day consists of discussion of the participants’ texts in small groups, further interactive lectures and exercises, and finishes with a proofreading exercise using skills learned during the course.
- For the second day, participants are expected to bring 8 copies of 1-2 pages of unedited text, double-spaced, that they have written themselves. These texts will be discussed in depth in small groups.
If you have any queries please contact Josephine Leak on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Medical writers • Those who work with scientific and medical texts • People who have to prepare documents for regulatory submission • Native and non-native English speakers
Expected Number of Attendees
View Conference Website: Editing Scientific Medical Texts
Price of Attendance
£965 + VAT
The Rembrandt Hotel
11 Thurloe Place