Business Continuity & Scenario Planning
13th September 2012 — 14th September 2012
The Basel Accords have raised the profile of Operational Risk.
A 2-day intensive course on Business Continuity and Scenario Planning focused on the banking/ financial institution environment with a view to providing Banking Professionals with a firm foundation of the standards of best practice in the critical area Business Continuity Planning.
The Basel Accords have raised the profile of Operational Risk. There are a range of challenges within the Accords where financial service firms need to consider a wide range of complex issues including events that have not happened yet. One of the most crucial objectives of management is to learn how to deal with the new requirements with regard to Business Continuity Planning.
Business Continuity Planning is the process through which an organization ensures the maintenance or recovery of operations, including services to customers, when faced with disruptive events such as natural disasters, technological failures, human error or terrorism.
Financial authorities and financial industry participants have a shared interest in promoting the toughness of the financial system to major operational disruptions. This interest is the result of many factors, including:
- The vital role that financial intermediation plays in facilitating and promoting national and global economic activity by providing the means for making and receiving payments, for borrowing and lending, for effecting transactions, for insuring risks, and for raising capital and promoting investment.
- The increasing complexity and operational risk across financial systems.
- The concentration of clearing and settlement processes in most financial systems.
- Deepening interdependencies among financial industry participants within and across jurisdictions.
- The recurring pattern of natural disasters or extreme weather conditions.
- The possibility of terrorist or other malicious attacks targeted, directly or indirectly, at the infrastructure of the financial system.
This course intended for Executive Management, Senior Personnel, Compliance Staff, Risk Management
Expected Number of Attendees
View Conference Website: Business Continuity & Scenario Planning
Price of Attendance
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott 102-05 Ditmars Boulevard