Webinar Offers Architects Overview of New Precast Enclosure Systems
â€śIntroduction to Carbon Fiber Reinforced Precast Enclosuresâ€ť by AltusGroup is available online.
Bethlehem, Pa. (PRWEB) June 12, 2012
AltusGroup (altusprecast.com), a partnership of the nationâ€™s leading precast manufacturers dedicated to innovation, is hosting a webinar to educate architects and other building team members about modern precast designs and new enclosure technologies.
Those taking â€śIntroduction to Carbon Fiber Reinforced Precast Enclosuresâ€ť (altusprecast.com/ceu/webinar), worth one AIA-registered HSW/LU credit, will identify characteristics of carbon fiber grid reinforced precast enclosures in comparison to alternative building systems. It will also share how precast contributes to LEED® points and conforms to International Green Construction Code requirements.
The presentation is being offered through Hanley Wood University, which offers custom marketing and data for North America's residential and commercial construction industry.
It was adapted for use as part of an AltusGroup seminar series also available as â€śLunch and Learnâ€ť programs worth up to six AIA-registered HSW/LU credits:
- Precast Enclosure Possibilitiesâ€“Identifies common misperceptions about precast enclosures through the study of precast forming options, technologies and designs that reduce precast weight to attain sustainable design goals.
- Sustainable Design and Precast Enclosure Systemsâ€“Shares how LEED and IgCC apply to precast enclosures, explores the best insulation for precast wall assemblies and presents how precast affects heat flow and can mitigate moisture flow in wall design.
- Precast Aesthetics: Managing cost and qualityâ€“Compares the impact of panel sizes to erection costs and other project cost drivers. It also evaluates how reduced weight and precast finishes influence project costs.
- Designing with CarbonCast Enclosure Systemsâ€“Teaches how to configure carbon fiber grid-reinforced enclosures to achieve design and performance objectives and a lower CO2e footprint.
- Project Case Studiesâ€“Presents a wide variety of projects using carbon fiber grid reinforced enclosures that demonstrate the technologyâ€™s ability to deliver aesthetic versatility and exceptional performance.
Programs explain use of new precast reinforcing materials, mix designs, rigid insulation profiles and unitized construction presented by veteran building industry professionals. They also discuss design of low-CO2e exterior wall systems to control moisture, improve energy efficiency and sustainability.
The first-ever national partnership of precast companies, AltusGroup was founded to develop, manufacture and market precast innovations such as the breakthrough CarbonCastâ„˘ line of products featuring C-GRID carbon fiber grid reinforcing. With two dozen structural and architectural locations in the United States, AltusGroup companies have an unparalleled national network of manufacturing plants, technical staff and sales personnel to ensure architects, engineers and contractors that they will get the help they needâ€”and the quality and performance they expectâ€”when they select reinforced CarbonCast products. For more information, visit altusprecast.com or call 866-GO-ALTUS.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebaltusgroup/webinar/prweb9593269.htmNEXT ARTICLE