Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
With the success of current chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease, the goal of this protocol is to maintain the currently successful cure rate and reduce treatment related side effects and long term toxicity. The main purpose of this study is to estimate the event free survival of patients treated with risk-adapted therapy compared to historical controls.
This study will evaluate the following objectives:
1. To evaluate the efficacy of 4 cycles of VAMP chemotherapy alone in patients with favorable risk Hodgkin's disease who achieve a complete response after 2 cycles of VAMP chemotherapy.
2. To evaluate the efficacy of 4 cycles VAMP chemotherapy plus low dose RT in patients with favorable risk Hodgkin's disease who achieve a partial response after 2 cycles of VAMP chemotherapy.
3. To evaluate the efficacy of 2 alternating cycles of VAMP/COP chemotherapy (total 4 cycles of chemotherapy) plus low-dose, involved-field RT in children with intermediate risk Hodgkin's disease.
4. To evaluate the efficacy of 12 weeks of Stanford V chemotherapy plus low-dose, involved-field RT in children with unfavorable risk Hodgkin's disease.
1. To evaluate patient quality of life during and after treatment from the patient and parent perspective.
2. To compare patient and parental ratings of treatment-related symptoms and patient physical, psychological, social and cognitive functioning before the first treatment (T1 - baseline); after Cycle 2 or after 8 weeks of Stanford V (T2 - Evaluate Response); after cycle 4 or after 12 weeks of Stanford V and before or on the first day of radiation (as applicable) (T3); at the conclusion of radiation or within a few days following the end of radiation (as applicable) (T4); and at 3 to 6 months after completion of therapy follow-up evaluation (T5).
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
12 Week Stanford V Chemotherapy, 4 cycles of VAMP chemotherapy, 2 alternating cycles of VAMP/COP chemotherapy, 3 alternating cycles of VAMP/COP chemotherapy
Active, not recruiting
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-30T07:48:55-0400
This is a non-randomised, open study planned to recruit a total of 69 patients in up to 8 centres in Ireland and the UK.Each patient will be scheduled to receive 4 x 21 day cycles of PAD (...
This study is designed to test: 1. in patients with negative positron-emission tomography (PET) after 2 cycles of BEACOPPesc chemotherapy: whether the number of cycles can be reduc...
ALPACA is an interventional, multicentre, open-label, randomized active-controlled phase II trial with two arms. To estimate the treatment effect on overall survival, feasibility, efficac...
This randomized, open-label, parallel group study will assess the effect on response rate and the safety of MabThera added to either bendamustine or chlorambucil in patients with chronic l...
The purpose of this study is to investigate which oxaliplatie based adjuvant method (8 cycles or 12 cycles) is better for patients receiving curative colorectal cancer resection.
Rolapitant, a novel neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist (RA), was shown to protect against delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) during the first cycle of moderately emetogenic chemothe...
To investigate the clinical efficacy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the treatment of extremity soft tissue sarcomas (STSs).We retrospectively analyzed 28 patients with extremity STS that received 2 cy...
Autologous transplantation is controversial for older patients with multiple myeloma. The role of age-adjusted high-dose melphalan and the impact of preceeding induction chemotherapy cycles has been u...
Although perioperative chemotherapy improves survival in patients with resectable lung cancers, systemic recurrence remains common. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy permits response assessment and opportunity...
To determine the optimal number of cycles of docetaxel for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer, we retrospectively collected 73 patients receiving varying numbers of docetaxel plus prednis...
Bouts of physical irritability or movement alternating with periods of quiescence. It includes biochemical activity and hormonal activity which may be cellular. These cycles are shorter than 24 hours and include sleep-wakefulness cycles and the periodic activation of the digestive system.
A species of parasitic protozoa that infects humans and most domestic mammals. Its oocysts measure five microns in diameter. These organisms exhibit alternating cycles of sexual and asexual reproduction.
Vinblastine derivative with antineoplastic activity against CANCER. Major side effects are myelosuppression and neurotoxicity. Vindesine is used extensively in chemotherapy protocols (ANTINEOPLASTIC COMBINED CHEMOTHERAPY PROTOCOLS).
Drug therapy given to augment or stimulate some other form of treatment such as surgery or radiation therapy. Adjuvant chemotherapy is commonly used in the therapy of cancer and can be administered before or after the primary treatment.
A performance measure for rating the ability of a person to perform usual activities, evaluating a patient's progress after a therapeutic procedure, and determining a patient's suitability for therapy. It is used most commonly in the prognosis of cancer therapy, usually after chemotherapy and customarily administered before and after therapy. It was named for Dr. David A. Karnofsky, an American specialist in cancer chemotherapy.