Comparative Bioavailability Study of Two Prototypes of Trazodone Controlled-release Products and Two Marketed Reference Products in Healthy Volunteers
The objectives of this study were:
- to compare the pharmacokinetic profiles of two prototype controlled-release (CR) trazodone hydrochloride (HCl) 300 mg tablets versus two reference products: Trittico® AC (2 x 150 mg CR tablets) and Desyrel® (3 x 100 mg IR (immediate-release) tablets) under fasting condition;
- to assess the controlled release properties of the two prototype formulations;
- to select a prototype formulation for further development;
- to validate the blood sampling schedule for future pivotal pharmacokinetic studies;
- to determine the appropriate sample size for pivotal studies based in the intra-subject variability.
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Trazodone HCl, Trazodone HCl, Trazodone HCl, Trazodone HCl
Results (where available)
- Source: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01121913
- Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on July 15, 2010
Medical and Biotech [MESH] Definitions
A serotonin uptake inhibitor that is used as an antidepressive agent. It has been shown to be effective in patients with major depressive disorders and other subsets of depressive disorders. It is generally more useful in depressive disorders associated with insomnia and anxiety. This drug does not aggravate psychotic symptoms in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorders. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p309)
The objective of this study was to compare the pharmacokinetic profiles of the test product, 300 mg trazodone hydrochloride (HCl) extended-release caplets (containing Contramid®), when ad...
The purpose of this study was to compare the pharmacokinetic profiles at steady state of the test product, 300 mg trazodone hydrochloride (HCl) extended-release caplets (containing Contram...
The study has a double purpose: a first phase intends to assess the effectiveness and tolerability of trazodone, an antidepressant with sedative and sleep-promoting properties, in the tre...
Administration of trazodone for the treatment of neuroleptic induced acute akathisia in a cross-over fashion of 6 days duration. 3 days of placebo and 3 days of trazodone.
This study is a randomized, double-blind clinical trial comparing trazodone (Desyrel) and placebo among sleep-disturbed, alcohol-dependent individuals shortly after discharge from an inpat...
Quantitative analysis of trazodone in human plasma by using HPLC-fluorescence detector coupled with strong cation exchange chromatographic column: Application to a pharmacokinetic study in Chinese healthy volunteers.
A simple, selective, and sensitive high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) procedure has been developed for determination of trazodone in human plasma. Prazosin was employed as the internal stan...
Psychotropics (antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, antidepressants, anxiolytics, etc.) are commonly prescribed to treat Huntington's disease (HD). In HD preclinical models, while no psychotropic has con...