Effect of Cannabis on Simulated and Actual Driving in Healthy Subjects
Assess the effect of cigarette smoking of tobacco with or without addition of resin cannabis on driving performance in healthy volunteers in simulated driving in Marseille and Toulouse, and in real world driving to Bordeaux.
Multicenter Study of phase 1, randomized, double-blind, cross plan, carried out in healthy male volunteers.
- To compare performance data driving with the data self-assessed on the ability to drive, and the level of sleepiness and fatigue
- To measure the effects of distractive task on driving performance, consisting of a conversation with co-driver of the real or simulated vehicle (a series of difficult questions involving reflection)
- To validate the (known) effects of cannabis
- To adapt equipment and standardize methods for the pharmacological studies evaluating other types of substances having an impact on driving (antihistamines, antidepressants, antiparkinsonian ...) and other populations of subjects (men versus women, young versus elderly, healthy versus sick ...)
- To compare data obtained under conditions of simulated driving and actual driving situation, under identical experimental conditions (volunteers, narcotic substance, experimental) and measure the degree of ecological validity of the simulation of driving
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment, Masking: Double Blind (Subject, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor), Primary Purpose: Health Services Research
Assistance Hôpitaux de Marseille
Not yet recruiting
Assistance Publique Hopitaux De Marseille
Results (where available)
- Source: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01118364
- Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on July 15, 2010
Medical and Biotech [MESH] Definitions
Tobacco Use Disorder
Tobacco used to the detriment of a person's health or social functioning. Tobacco dependence is included.
The aggregate business enterprise of agriculture, manufacture, and distribution related to tobacco and tobacco-derived products.
Inhaling and exhaling the smoke of tobacco or something similar to tobacco.
The powdered leaves of Nicotiana tabacum which are either inhaled through the nose, chewed, or stored in cheek pouches. It includes any product of tobacco that is not smoked.
Tobacco Use Cessation
Cessation of the habit of using tobacco products for smoking or chewing, including the use of snuff.
The purpose of this study is to see if Lofexidine in combination with Marinol is superior to placebo in achieving abstinence, reducing cannabis use and reducing withdrawal in cannabis-depe...
The purpose of this study is to investigate the processing of cannabis, and to investigate the occurrence of effects of cannabis on the cardiovascular system and the central nervous system...
Cannabis use is a significant public health concern that disproportionately affect youth. Although promising psychosocial interventions are being developed, most youth do not benefit from...
The first aim of this study is to determine whether a brain reward center (BRC) deficiency in patients with schizophrenia (SCZ) and cannabis use disorder (CUD) will be normalized when pati...
Schizophrenia is a severe mental illness with a lifetime morbidity risk close to 1 %, involving both genetic and environmental risk factors. Prospective studies have shown that heavy use o...
Cannabis is the most widely comsumed illicit drug in the western world. Cannabis and tobacco smoke contain a similar mix of irritant and toxic chemicals. Therefore, there are reasons to suspect, that...
BACKGROUND: Cannabis is the most frequently used illicit drug among pregnant women, but data describing the effects of prenatal cannabis exposure and concurrent nicotine and cannabis exposures on neon...
The role of cannabis and endocannabinoids in appetite regulation has been extensively studied, but the association of cannabis use with weight in the general population is not known. The authors used...
The relationship between cannabis and cognitive performance is controversial. While both acute administration and long-term cannabis use impair cognitive performance in healthy subjects, several studi...
AIMS: To prospectively investigate the relation between cannabis use expectancies and cannabis use prior to and during a self-initiated cannabis cessation attempt. DESIGN: Cohort design that followed...