Efficacy and Safety Clinical Trial of the Combination of Acetylsalicylic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate and Citric Acid, Produced by Geolab Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Compared to Acetylsalicylic Acid (Aspirin Â® - Bayer) in Patients With Episodic Tension-t
This study aims is to evaluate, two hours after a single administration, the rate of sustained response produced by the association Geolab consisting of acetylsalicylic acid, sodium bicarbonate and anhydrous citric acid - oral powder, with the active comparator acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin ® -- Bayer) - a simple tablet for the treatment of acute pain in patients with mild to moderate CTTE, using for both the visual analog scale pain - VAS.
The secondary objectives of the study are to evaluate:
- Modification of gastric pH after administration of drugs by measuring with gastroesophageal pH Monitor, comparing the results between the groups;
- The incidence of administration of rescue medications, through the accounts of patients and researchers, comparing the results between the groups;
- The percentage of improvement in time 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes after administration, using the visual analog scale (VAS), comparing the results between the groups;
- Evaluate the gastric symptoms before and after treatment by clinical investigation of patients, comparing the results between the groups;
- Evaluate the change in associated symptoms (photophobia, phonophobia, nausea, vomiting), using 4-point scale (0 - absent 1 - mild 2 - moderate 3 - severe), comparing the results between the groups;
- Assess the quantitative and qualitative parameters related to adverse reactions, comparing the results between the groups.
Allocation: Randomized, Control: Active Control, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Treatment of Episodic Tension Headache
Association: acetylsalicylic acid (500mg), sodium bicarbonate (1625) and citric acid (965), Aspirin - Bayer
Lal Clinica Pesquisa E Desenvolvimento Ltda
Not yet recruiting
L.A.L Clinica Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento Ltda.
Results (where available)
- Source: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01012349
- Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on July 15, 2010
Medical and Biotech [MESH] Definitions
Proteins that cotransport sodium ions and bicarbonate ions across cellular membranes.
A key intermediate in metabolism. It is an acid compound found in citrus fruits. The salts of citric acid (citrates) can be used as anticoagulants due to their calcium chelating ability.
Membrane proteins that allow the exchange of chloride ions for bicarbonate ions across the cellular membrane. The action of specific antiporters in this class serve important functions such as allowing the efficient exchange of bicarbonate across red blood cell membranes as they passage through capillaries and the reabsorption of bicarbonate ions by the kidney.
An enzyme that catalyzes the reversible hydration of fumaric acid to yield L-malic acid. It is one of the citric acid cycle enzymes. EC 18.104.22.168.
A class of ketodicarboxylic acids derived from oxalic acid. Oxaloacetic acid is an intermediate in the citric acid cycle and is converted to ASPARTIC ACID by a transamination reaction.
Open-label randomized crossover design studies. 60 participants will be evaluated on Day 1 to compare effects on stomach acid; 30 participants will continue treatment for 7 days and will h...
This study will test the hypothesis that by slightly lowering the acidity of blood (or increasing the pH), dialysis patients utilize protein and amino acids more efficiently.
The purpose of this study is to determine any significant differences in the efficacy and acceptability between CitraFleet and Klean Prep® (polyethylene glycol) for the preparation of gas...
The purpose of this study is to determine whether sodium bicarbonate is effective in the prevention of sodium-induced nephropathy
There is increasing evidence that the acid-base balance of diet plays an important role in the health of bones and muscles. An excess of acid in the body can result in calcium loss and mus...
BACKGROUND: About 50% of the world population is infected with Helicobacter pylori. The association of peptic ulcer disease with Helicobacter pylori is well documented. Therefore eradication is obliga...
The present work uses a logistic/probabilistic model to obtain the growth/no growth interfaces of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Wickerhamomyces anomalus and Candida boidinii (three yeast species commonly...
The objective was to examine the effect of the additives acetic acid, lactic acid, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, and sodium hydroxide on the hydrolysis of whey protein isolate with subcritical...
Sodium bicarbonate is used to treat metabolic acidosis or to induce metabolic alkalosis in sick neonates. The aim of this study was to quantify the decrease in serum concentration of ionized magnesium...
The aim of this study was to develop a pH-independent sustained release matrix tablets of doxazosin mesylate. The matrix tablets were prepared by direct compression technique using polyethylene oxide,...