Study Comparing Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets 40 mg (Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd) and RLD Tablets 40 mg (Manufactured By Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc, Missouri) in 24+2 Normal Healthy Male Subjects in Fed Condition
- The objective of this study is to compare the rate and extent of absorption of the Test Product, Citalopram Hydrobromide 40 mg (Torrent Pharmaceutical Limited) to the Reference Product, RLD Tablets 40 mg (Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc, Missouri) under fed condition
- Study Design:
- Randomized, Single Dose, Open Label, Non-Replicate, Two-period, Two-treatment, Two- Sequence Crossover Bioequivalence Study comparing Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets 40 mg (manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd). With RLD Tablets 40 mg (manufactured by Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc Missouri) in 24+2 normal healthy male subjects with a wash out period of 15 days between the two study periods, in fed condition.
Accutest Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
Results (where available)
- Source: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00939835
- Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on July 15, 2010
Medical and Biotech [MESH] Definitions
A furancarbonitrile that is one of the SEROTONIN UPTAKE INHIBITORS used as an antidepressant. The drug is also effective in reducing ethanol uptake in alcoholics and is used in depressed patients who also suffer from tardive dyskinesia in preference to tricyclic antidepressants, which aggravate this condition.
Study Comparing Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets 40 mg (Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd) and RLD Tablets 40 mg (Manufactured By Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc, Missouri) in 24+2 Normal Healthy Male Subjects Under Fasting Condition
- Objective: - To compare the rate and extent of absorption of Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets 40 mg: Test Product: Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets 40 mg manufactured b...
This is a bioequivalence study of Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets 40 mg of Dr.Reddy's Laboratories Limited under fasting conditions.
RATIONALE: Citalopram may help relieve hot flashes in women who had or have not had breast cancer. It is not yet known which dose of citalopram is more effective in treating hot flashes in...
Escitalopram (Lexapro) and citalopram (Celexa) are similar selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors that alter blood flow to the amygdala and other brain structures involved in regulating m...
The purpose of this study is compare the relative bioavailability of 10 mg Citalopram Hydrobromide tablets by Purepac Pharmaceutical Co with that of 10 mg CELEXATM tablets distributed and...
In August 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a safety announcement that the antidepressant drug citalopram (Celexa(®)) should not be used at dosages greater than 40 mg per day (or gre...
In August 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a drug safety communication that the anti-depressant drug citalopram (Celexa(®)) should not be used at dosages greater than 40 mg per day...
Variations in cytochrome P450 (CYP) genes have been shown to be associated with both accelerated and delayed pharmacokinetic clearance of many psychotropic medications. Citalopram is metabolized by th...
We describe the synthesis and the pharmacological characterization of a new quaternary selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) N-methyl-citalopram (NMC) with periphery restricted action due to i...
Effects of S-citalopram, citalopram and R-citalopram on the firing patterns of dopamine neurons in the ventral tegmental area, NMDA receptor-mediated transmission in the medial prefrontal cortex and cognitive function in the rat.
Escitalopram, the S-enantiomer of citalopram, possesses superior efficacy compared to other SSRIs in the treatment of major depression., Escitalopram binds to an allosteric site on the serotonin trans...