Fatigue and Symptom Burden in Febrile Neutropenia
- To determine whether fatigue improves as patients are treated for febrile neutropenia (Day #1, Day #2 and Day #6).
- To identify clinical factors associated in cancer patients with low risk for outpatient treatment of febrile neutropenia on either outpatient febrile neutropenia treatment pathway presenting with moderate to severe fatigue. Moderate fatigue is defined as a score of 4 through 6 on the Brief Fatigue Inventory and severe fatigue is defined as a score of 7 through 10 on the Brief Fatigue Inventory.
- To describe demographic information in cancer patients with low risk for outpatient treatment of febrile neutropenia and fatigue while enrolled in either of two outpatient febrile neutropenia treatment pathways.
Observational Model: Case-Only, Time Perspective: Prospective
U.T.M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Results (where available)
- Source: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00503854
- Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on July 15, 2010
Medical and Biotech [MESH] Definitions
Cattell Personality Factor Questionnaire
Self report questionnaire which yields 16 scores on personality traits, such as reserved vs. outgoing, humble vs. assertive, etc.
An alkylating agent of value against both hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
A smooth, solid or cystic fibroepithelial (FIBROEPITHELIAL NEOPLASMS) tumor, usually found in the OVARIES but can also be found in the adnexal region and the KIDNEYS. It consists of a fibrous stroma with nests of epithelial cells that sometimes resemble the transitional cells lining the urinary bladder. Brenner tumors generally are benign and asymptomatic. Malignant Brenner tumors have been reported.
A complex of related glycopeptide antibiotics from Streptomyces verticillus consisting of bleomycin A2 and B2. It inhibits DNA metabolism and is used as an antineoplastic, especially for solid tumors.
A group of methylazirinopyrroloindolediones obtained from certain Streptomyces strains. They are very toxic antibiotics used as ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS in some solid tumors. PORFIROMYCIN and MITOMYCIN are the most useful members of the group.
RATIONALE: Gathering information about patients with solid tumors who have implantable venous access devices may help doctors learn more about patient satisfaction. PURPOSE: This phase I...
The purpose of this study, the first clinical trial of JI-101, is to determine the maximum tolerated dose of JI-101 when given orally to patients with solid tumors. Safety, tolerability,...
The purpose of this study is to test the safety and effectiveness of 2 drugs, perifosine in combination with temsirolimus in children with solid tumors. Neither drug is currently part of t...
The purpose of this study is to determine if CVX-241 (PF-05057459) is safe and tolerable when given as weekly infusions to adult patients with advanced solid tumors.
This is an open label, single arm, dose escalation study of ARQ 197 in patients with advanced solid tumors.
Bioimaging and therapeutic agents accumulated in ectopic tumors following intravenous administration of hybrid nanocrystals to tumor-bearing mice. Solid, nanosized paclitaxel crystals physically incor...
Detection of recurrent somatic rearrangements routinely allows monitoring of residual disease burden in leukemias, but is not used for most solid tumors. However, next-generation sequencing now allows...
OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this study is to investigate radiologic findings of struma ovarii, and to correlate both CT and MR findings. MAT...
Despite the fact that malignancies are associated with hematological abnormalities, some clinical studies have been unable to detect such a relation. The aim of our study was to detect the prevalence...
Rare solid tumors of the pancreas can be misinterpreted as primary pancreatic cancer.