The company was founded in 1947 as Kay Electric Co. and was incorporated as a closely-held private corporation in 1970 under its current name. The original partners, previously engineers at Bell Labs in Whippany, New Jersey, designed electronic measurement instruments used in industrial, university research, and military applications. Among these was the first commercially available sound spectrograph (1951), called the Sona-Graph, which continues to be a benchmark analysis tool of acoustic signals in the diverse fields of medicine, speech pathology, linguistics, bioacoustics, forensics, and military intelligence.In the 1960s and 1970s, Kay was mostly active in radio frequency (radar and TV) industrial electronics. RF attenuators, which originated during this period of the company's history, continue to be a part of Kay's product line today. In the late 1970's, the company shifted its emphasis from industrial electronics to speech analysis instrumentation to complement the widely used Sona-Graph. The company now has a complete line of instrumentation used internationally by speech pathologists, otolaryngologists, and linguists. These include acoustic, palatometric, electroglottographic, aerodynamic, videostroboscopic, and swallowing instrumentation.
2 Bridgewater Lane Lincoln Park New Jersey 07035-1488 United States of America
The company was founded in 1947 as Kay Electric Co. and was incorporated as a closely-held private corporation in 1970 under its current name. The original partners, previously engineers at Bell Labs ...
More Information about "KayPENTAX" on BioPortfolio