Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Dublin, July 22, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m5jj8c/molecular) has announced the addition of the "Molecular Diagnostics in Infectious Disease Testing" report to their offering.
This report describes the specific segment of the in vitro diagnostics market known as molecular diagnostics testing for infectious disease. In the current medical diagnostics market, molecular diagnostics in infectious disease testing offers one of the most promising areas for growth and innovation. The confluence of breakthroughs in genomics and proteomics - along with the development of microarray devices to measure analytes in the blood - has led to this revolutionary market development.
Specifically, molecular diagnostics offers the power of advanced analytical techniques to diagnose infectious diseases. Whereas before, the detection of many infectious agents was slow and expensive due to reliance upon culturing methods, researchers are now at the cusp of overcoming such limitations via the use of nucleic acid-mediated molecular diagnostics testing. The purpose of this report is to describe the emerging field of molecular diagnostics in infectious disease testing. The infectious disease space is the most dominant and profitable sector of molecular diagnostics.
Topics covered in this study include:
- The existing and emerging technologies in the field
- The U.S. and global market size for molecular diagnostic products
- The profiles of companies that are focusing on the molecular diagnostic sector.
The research examines drivers and restraints for sales growth, market share and technical trends. In addition, an in-depth analysis of the competitive situation of prominent market venders is provided with five-year sales forecasts.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Introduction to Molecular Diagnostics for Infectious Disease Testing
3. Infectious Disease Diagnostics Molecular Testing Market
4. Molecular Diagnostic Testing Technology for Infectious Disease Testing
6. Reimbursement and Billing Landscape for Molecular Diagnostics Testing for Infectious Disease
7. Regulatory Requirements
8. Business Decisions using Molecular Diagnostic Tests in Infectious Disease Testing
9. Economics of Anti-Microbial Drug Resistance: The Persistent Need for Antibacterials
10. Company Profiles
- Abbott Laboratories
- Arcxis Biotechnologies
- Asuragen, Inc.
- AutoGenomics, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- BioHelix Corporation (now part of Quidel)
- EraGen Biosciences
- GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
- Genomix Biotech
- Gen-Probe, Inc. (now known as Hologic Gen-Probe)
- Genomica S.A.U.
- Great Basin Corporation
- Illumina, Inc.
- Life Technologies (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
- Luminex Corp.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- NorDiag ASA (The DiaSorin Group)
- Qiagen N.V.
- Roche Diagnostics (Roche Ltd.)
- Siemens AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m5jj8c/molecular
CONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716 Sector: Infectious Disease TestingNEXT ARTICLE
A diagnostic test is any kind of medical test performed to aid in the diagnosis or detection of disease. For example: to diagnose diseases to measure the progress or recovery from disease to confirm that a person is free from disease Clin...
Antiretroviral Therapy Clostridium Difficile Ebola HIV & AIDS Infectious Diseases Influenza Malaria Measles Sepsis Swine Flu Tropical Medicine Tuberculosis Infectious diseases are caused by pathogenic...
Bioinformatics is the application of computer software and hardware to the management of biological data to create useful information. Computers are used to gather, store, analyze and integrate biological and genetic information which can then be applied...