Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
London, United Kingdom, February 22, 2017 --(PR.com)-- With just 4 weeks to go, registration will be closing soon for SMi’s Paediatric Clinical Trials 2017. The event will bring together Clinical Operations Leads and Heads of Clinical Trials to review the developments leading to the advancement of paediatric medicines.
Through a series of interactive conference sessions, presentations and a workshop led by industry experts; the 2017 agenda will discuss current clinical trials, implementation, drug development, recruitment and retention, ethical issues and regulations.
Key presentations not to be missed:
- Bianca McDade, Director Regulatory Affairs, GSK
- Tom Willgoss, Senior Outcomes Research Scientist, Patient-Centred Outcomes Research, Roche
- Karl-Heinz Huemer, Scientific Committee Member and Expert, EMA, PDCO
- Hernando Patino, Paediatric Drug Development Lead, Johnson & Johnson
- Deborah Lee, VP Clinical Development, Insys Therapeutics
- Andy Kenwright, Senior Statistical Scientist, Roche
- Robert Kahn, Former Senior Safety Science Leader, Global Pediatric Oncology, Genentech
Highlights for 2017:
- Update from the EMA on the PDCO's 10 year review into paediatric investigation plans
- Discuss clinical trial legislation in the EU and US
- Review challenges in paediatric drug development for rare diseases
- Optimise approaches to paediatric drug formulation to improve clinical success
- Evaluate recruitment and retention
- Discuss hot topic of data extrapolation
In the lead up to the event SMi have released some pre-conference interviews with some of the speakers. For further insight into the topics being discussed at this year’s conference and an overall look into the paediatric trials field visit the download centre of the event website to access the 2017 speaker interview series. Interviews available to download include: Roche, Insys Therapeutics, Paediatric Research Consultancy, The Birmingham Children’s Hospital and Klausrose Consulting.
Countries attending Paediatric Clinical Trials 2017 include: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom & USA. For those who are interested in attending register online at the event website www.paediatric-trials.co.uk/prcom
Paediatric Clinical Trials
20-21 March 2017
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
Sponsorship enquiries: Contact Alia Malick on: +44 (0) 20 7827 6168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Group bookings: Contact Ameenah Begum on: +44 (0) 20 7827 6166 or email email@example.com
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
+44 (0)20 7827 6132
Contact via Email
Read the full story here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/706156
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
Clinical trials are a set of procedures in medical research conducted to allow safety (or more specifically, information about adverse drug reactions and adverse effects of other treatments) and efficacy data to be collected for health interventions (e.g...
Clinical Approvals Clinical Trials Drug Approvals Drug Delivery Drug Discovery Generics Drugs Prescription Drugs In the fields of medicine, biotechnology and pharmacology, drug discovery is the process by which drugs are dis...
GlaxoSmithKline is the third largest pharmaceutical company in the world, based on annual sales, which reached $37,134m in 2009. Spread over 100 countries, GSK employs 96,500 people, 13,000 of which are dedicated to research and development of the the ...