Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
DALLAS, March 8, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Associa, the industry's largest community management firm, continued its commitment to family spirit and supporting strong communities by distributing $10,500 in February to families who experienced an unforeseen catastrophic event impacting their home.
The funds were donated on behalf of Associa Cares, a charitable organization set up to benefit families across the country who need assistance following a catastrophe at home such as a flood, fire or tornado. Associa Cares dollars are raised by employees and fundraising events. The fund relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country in February:
• Albuquerque, New Mexico - $2,000 donated to a local family who suffered a total loss from a house fire. The contribution was made possible through Canyon Gate.
• Chesapeake, Virginia - $1,000 distributed to residents whose units were damaged from a leak in an adjoining unit. The donation was made possible through Community Group.
• Waynesboro, Georgia - $2,000 given to a local family who lost their home to a house fire and also suffered minor injuries. The contribution was made possible through Community Association Services of Indiana.
• Sandwich, Massachusetts - $500 donated to a family whose home suffered minor damage from a winter storm. The donation was made possible through The Dartmouth Group.
• Mantua, New Jersey - $1,500 distributed to a local family whose condominium was heavily damaged by a fire. The contribution was made possible through Associa Mid-Atlantic.
• Ft. Worth, Texas - $2,000 donated to a family who suffered a total loss from a house fire. The donation was made possible through Somerset Association Management.
• Dallas, Texas - $1,500 donated to a local family whose home was heavily damaged from a fire. The donation was made possible through Associa's Corporate Headquarters.
"We're pleased to announce our employees answered the call again in February," said Associa Cares President Andrew Fortin. "We hope that the support provided by Associa Cares assists families in rebuilding and recovering. This month's contributions stretched from the East Coast all the way to the Sandia Mountains in New Mexico and clearly shows the compassion of Associa employees."
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations raised from Associa employees and at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family that has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Delivering unsurpassed association management services to communities since 1979, Associa leads the industry operating more than 180 branch offices across North America and employing 10,000 team members dedicated to serving nearly five million residents who are part of the Associa family. With unrivaled industry expertise, safeguarded finances and trailblazing innovation, Associa provides solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more go to www.associaonline.com.
CONTACT: Andrew Fortin Phone: 214-716-3818 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org