Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Written by Megan Wood | Monday, 19 June 2017 20:26
Mazor Robotics strengthened its leadership team with new appointments and expanded responsibilities.
Here are seven highlights:
1. The company created the Product Development Group, which encompasses the research and development and product groups. Mazor hopes the combined entity will promote operational synergy to tackle market needs with future spine product developments.
2. Oren Zarchin, PhD, will lead the new department as vice president of product development, effective Aug. 1. He previously worked at Philips Healthcare, heading the multidisciplinary research and development teams and product platforms.
3. Mazor also introduced the Advanced Technology Group to leverage software and precision guidance technology to create non-spine products.
4. Eli Zehavi will head the Advanced Technology Group as executive vice president of advanced technologies, effective Aug. 1. A co-founder of Mazor, Mr. Zehavi previously was the company's executive vice president of R&D and COO.
5. Joshua Belkar will serve in the newly created position of vice president of operations and service, effective July 16. He previously worked at Medtronic as director of operations.
6. Mazor also gave Christopher Prentice, CEO of Mazor Inc. (U.S. Subsidiary), the additional role of chief commercial officer, effective immediately.
7. CFO Sharon Levita will take on the additional role of vice president of business operations, effective immediately.
Original Article: Mazor Robotics builds up leadership: 7 highlightsNEXT ARTICLE
Health care (or healthcare) is the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, illness, injury, and other physical and mental impairments in humans. Health care is delivered by practitioners in medicine, chiropractic, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, a...