Advertisement

Topics

Barcelona attack victims: Seven-year-old boy missing as 13 reported dead 

01:01 EDT 18 Aug 2017 | Yahoo News

Barcelona attack victims: Seven-year-old boy missing as 13 reported dead The family of a seven-year-old boy has posted on Facebook begging for his safe return after he was separated from his injured mother. Julian Cadman was out in Barcelona with his mother when the terrorist's van struck where they were walking, separating them. The two were reportedly there to attend a wedding. His father Andrew Cadman, from Sydney, said he had spoken to his son only hours before he went missing. Cadman was travelling to Barcelona to search for Julian. The desperate family of Julian Cadman have posted on Facebook begging for information after the little boy was separated from his severely injured mother Credit: The family of Julian Cadman It appears Julian has lived in England - although his aunt and uncle who are searching for him live in Sydney, Julian is pictured wearing a jumper from a nursery in Kent. He also has relatives who live in the UK. Jumarie 'Jom' Cadman, the mother of Julian, was found in hospital and is in a serious but stable condition. His cousin, George Cadman, wrote on Facebook: "My cousin, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing. Please like and share. We have found Jom (his Mum, my cousin-in-law) and she is in a serious but stable condition in hospital. "Julian is 7 years old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity. Please share, especially if you have family or friends in Barcelona. Thank you." His grandfather, Tony Cadman, who is from Dorset originally but now lives in Australia, wrote: "My Grandson, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing. Please like and share. We have found Jom (my daughter in law) and she is serious but stable condition in hospital." Barcelona terror attack: What we know so far 01:02 Among the 13 dead is Italian father-of-two Bruno Gullotta. His place of work, Tom's Hardware, confirmed that the 35-year-old had died in the attack. He leaves behind his partner, young mother Martina Gullotta, and his two children. Bruno The company wrote on Facebook: "He was a friend, a father and a colleague. "He was one of us at Tom's hardware, everyone knew who he was. We're all going to miss him. "A big hug to Martina and the kids." His colleague said his heart was going out to the children, "little Alexander, who is preparing to start elementary school with the awareness that his life and family will no longer be the same. "And then we think of the little Aria, who does not have the horrible scene in her eyes but will never know her dad. " The father-of-two worked in marketing and sales at the company. A colleague writes: "He was able to lead a rich family life and a brilliant professional career with a balance- and that I will always envy him." At least 13 people were killed and more than 100 injured in a terror attack on Barcelona's Las Ramblas on Thursday. At least 24 different nationalities were among the dead and injured, officials said early on Friday morning. French media reports there were at least 26 French injured in Barcelona attack. According to some reports, 11 of them are in serious condition. A three-year-old child is among those confirmed dead, Spanish media reported. The child was apparently taken to San Pau hospital but could not be saved. Fifteen of the victims were last night in critical condition. Belgium's foreign affairs minister, Didier Reynders, said a Belgian citizen was also among the dead, while three German citizens were also killed, according to La Vanguardia. Een Tongerse werd vandaag slachtoffer van de laffe aanslag in Barcelona. Namens alle Tongenaren mijn deelneming aan familie en vrienden.— Patrick Dewael (@PatrickDewael) August 17, 2017 The Belgian citizen, a woman, is from Tongeren. The mayor of Tongeren confirmed this on Twitter. In Australia,  Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop confirmed that four Australians had been hurt in the attack, while one person is missing. Barcelona terror attack, in pictures Twenty-six French citizens were injured, with at least 11 of them in serious condition, the French Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a statement. A spokesman for Spain's civil protection had earlier said said that among the victims in the popular seaside city were nationals from France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Argentina, Venezuela, Belgium, Australia, Hungary, Peru, Romania, Ireland, Greece, Cuba, Macedonia, China, Italy and Algeria - without detailing whether he was referring to those who died or were injured. Barcelona attack key articles  


Original Article: Barcelona attack victims: Seven-year-old boy missing as 13 reported dead 

NEXT ARTICLE

More From BioPortfolio on "Barcelona attack victims: Seven-year-old boy missing as 13 reported dead "

Advertisement
Quick Search
Advertisement
Advertisement

 

Relevant Topics

Collaborations in biotechnology
Commercial and academic collaborations are used throughout the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector to enhance research and product development. Collaborations can take the form of research and evaluation agreements, licensing, partnerships etc. ...

Pediatrics
Pediatrics is the general medicine of childhood. Because of the developmental processes (psychological and physical) of childhood, the involvement of parents, and the social management of conditions at home and at school, pediatrics is a specialty. With ...

Cardiology
Cardiology is a specialty of internal medicine.  Cardiac electrophysiology : Study of the electrical properties and conduction diseases of the heart. Echocardiography : The use of ultrasound to study the mechanical function/physics of the h...