Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Deals and Financings
• AstraZeneca announced plans to raise up to $1 billion to fund China life science startups; CICC will raise the capital and AZN will advise the young biopharmas;
• BeiGene of Beijing announced a $160 million agreement for China/Asia rights to a preclinical Seattle Genetics cancer candidate;
• Akeso Biopharma, a Zhongshan antibody company, closed a $150 million Series D financing to develop a portfolio of 18 mAbs;
• Peijia Medical, a Suzhou interventional medical device maker, raised $100 million in a series C funding led by Matrix Partners China;
• Suzhou's Tot Biopharm completed a $66.5 million IPO on the Hong Kong Exchange to support development of novel cancer drugs and biosimilars;
• Sino Medical Sciences staged a Shanghai STAR Exchange IPO, raising $50 million at a market capitalization of $412 million for its medical devices;
• Genecast (Beijing) Technology closed a $43 million Series D financing to expand its non-invasive cancer diagnostic business;
• Antengene, a Shanghai novel drug biopharma in-licensed global rights to a novel ERK1/2 inhibitor for cancer from AstraZeneca;
• Nanjing's Simcere Pharma in-licensed greater China rights to a cerebral edema treatment following stroke from Aeromics of New Haven, Connecticut;
Trials and Approvals
• Shanghai Green Valley Pharma announced China approval of Oligomannate, a seaweed-based treatment for Alzheimer's disease that improves cognitive function;
• Bio-Thera Solutions of Guangzhou was approved for a China launch of Qletli®, the first Humira biosimilar approved in China, for rheumatoid arthritis;
• CANbridge, a Beijing oncology and rare disease biopharma, was approved to market Nerlynx® in China for adjuvant treatment of HER2 breast cancer;
• Ark Biosciences of Shanghai reported positive topline results from a Phase II study of Ziresovir for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection;
• Suzhou's CStone Pharma released positive results from a China Phase II trial of its PD-L1 candidate in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma;
• Harbour BioMed, a Boston, Rotterdam and Shanghai biopharma, started the first clinical trial of a next-gen anti-CTLA-4 antibody in patients with advanced solid tumors;
• Ascentage Pharma of Suzhou will test its Bcl-2 inhibitor with Henlius' Rituxan biosimilar in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Stock Symbols: (NYSE: AZN) (NSDQ: BGNE; HK: 06160) (NSDQ: SGEN) (HK: 1875) (SHA: 688108) (HK: 2616) (HK: 6855) (HK: 2696)
Share this with colleagues:
The Top 100 Pharmaceutical Companies
Top 10 biotech and pharmaceutical companies worldwide based on market value in 2015 2015 ranking of the global top 10 biotech and pharmaceutical companies based on revenue (in billion U.S. dollars) Johnson & Johnson, U.S. 74...
Bioscience - any of the sciences that deal with living organisms. The study of the nature, behavior, and uses of living organisms as applied to biology. Any of the branches of natural science dealing with living things, such as their structure, b...
Collaborations in biotechnology
Commercial and academic collaborations are used throughout the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector to enhance research and product development. Collaborations can take the form of research and evaluation agreements, licensing, partnerships etc. ...