Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Dr Fintan Walton, CEO of PharmaVentures, asked a panel of leading industry fund managers how they are tailoring funds to ensure maximum return and the future of biotech M&A. They discuss:
· Benefits of the current investment strategies used and new models for M&A
· Big pharma - how they use their cash in M&A and acquisition and licensing of products
· At what stage deals are being financed, and who is investing in early stage companies
· Relationships with investors on risk sharing
· When the "IPO window will re-open"
· Exit strategies, and where the most successful have been coming from
This panel discussion was the 3rd in a series filmed by PharmaTelevision at the thought leadership conference, "Financing and Deal Making in the New Landscape", held by PharmaVentures and UKTI at The British Consulate General in Cambridge, MA.
Original Article: Part 3: The future of biotechs M&As: The investors' perspectiveNEXT ARTICLE
Biotechnology - Biotech
"using living things to create products or to do tasks for humans" About Biotechnology - Biotech Biotechnology is the practice of using plants, animals and micro-organisms such as bacteria, as well as biological processes - such as the ripen...
Mergers & Acquisitions
Commercial and market reports on mergers and acquisitions in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device and life-science industries. Mergers and acquisitions (abbreviated M&A;) is an aspect of corporate strategy, corporate finance and manageme...
Collaborations in biotechnology
Commercial and academic collaborations are used throughout the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector to enhance research and product development. Collaborations can take the form of research and evaluation agreements, licensing, partnerships etc. ...