Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Deals and Financings
• Bio-Thera Solutions of Guangzhou priced its $241 million IPO on Shanghai’s STAR Board at a $2 billion valuation to support its antibody pipeline;
• Shanghai Universal Medical Imaging closed an $86 million Series B round to expand its portfolio of China third-party imaging centers;
• China's TUS-Holdings participated in a $22 million B round for Stilla Technologies of Paris and its PCR device that detects/quantifies DNA mutations;
• Beijing Advaccine Biotechnology raised $4.3 million to test a COVID-19 being developed with Inovio of the US;
Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak
• BrightGene Bio-Medical of Suzhou synthesized the API of remdesivir, a Gilead drug with China IP aimed at COVID-19, and would like to produce the drug;
• Sihuan Pharma and Hetero Labs, an Indian generic drug maker, signed a framework agreement to bring Hetero's products, including potential COVID-19 anti-infectives, to China;
• Johnson & Johnson will collaborate with the US Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority to expedite development of a COVID-19 vaccine;
• Clover Bio of Chengdu has produced a trimeric Spike-protein (S-Trimer) subunit vaccine candidate for the Wuhan coronavirus;
Trials and Approvals
• Roche announced China approval to launch its PD-L1 immunotherapy, Tecentriq, to treat small cell lung cancer;
• Genetron Holdings of Beijing received NMPA approval to market its 8-gene Lung Cancer Assay for risk assessment and early cancer screening;
• Samsung Bioepis, a biosimilar JV formed by Korea's Samsung and Biogen, will start a China Phase III trial of a biosimilar to a treatment for a rare disease, PNH;
• Zai Lab reported China's NMPA has accepted for review its NDA for omadacycline, a novel anti-infective.
Stock Symbols: (SHA: 688177) (SHA: 688166) (NSDQ: GILD) (HKEX: 0460) (NYSE: JNJ) (SIX: ROG) (NSDQ: ZLAB)
Share this with colleagues:
An antibody is a protein produced by the body's immune system when it detects harmful substances, called antigens. Examples of antigens include microorganisms (such as bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses) and chemicals. Antibodies may be produc...
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) uses the ability of DNA polymerase (enzymes that create DNA molecules by assembling nucleotides, the building blocks of DNA. These enzymes are essential to DNA replication and usually work in pairs to create two ident...
Bioinformatics is the application of computer software and hardware to the management of biological data to create useful information. Computers are used to gather, store, analyze and integrate biological and genetic information which can then be applied...