Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
RATIONALE: Antiemetic drugs, such as dexamethasone, ondansetron, and palonosetron, may help lessen or prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying how well giving dexamethasone together with ondansetron or palonosetron works in preventing nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer.
- Determine the complete response (CR) rate, defined as no emesis and no rescue medications in the 0-24 hour time period after weekly intravenous doxorubicin hydrochloride, in patients with early-stage breast cancer treated with dexamethasone in combination with either ondansetron or palonosetron.
- Determine the proportion of patients achieving CR, defined as no emesis and no rescue medications in the 24-120 hour time period after weekly intravenous doxorubicin hydrochloride.
- Determine the proportion of patients achieving CR, defined as no emesis and no rescue medications in the 0-120 hour time period after weekly intravenous doxorubicin hydrochloride.
- Determine the number of emetic episodes daily and cumulatively for the 24-120 and 0-120 hour time periods in these patients.
- Determine the time to first emetic episode in these patients.
- Determine the time to first administration of rescue medication in these patients.
- Determine the time to treatment failure, defined as the time to first emetic episode or administration of rescue medication, whichever occurs first, in these patients.
- Determine the number of doses of rescue medications used in these patients.
- Determine the side effects of this regimen in these patients.
- Determine the severity of nausea in these patients.
- Determine the quality of life of these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study. The first 7 patients enrolled in the study are assigned to group 1. After treatment in group 1 is completed, subsequent patients enrolled in the study are assigned to group 2.
All patients receive metronomic chemotherapy comprising doxorubicin hydrochloride IV on day 1 and oral cyclophosphamide on days 1-7. Treatment repeats every 7 days for 12-15 courses.
- Group 1: Patients receive standard antiemetic therapy comprising dexamethasone IV or orally and ondansetron IV prior to each dose of doxorubicin hydrochloride.
- Group 2: Patients receive dexamethasone IV or orally and palonosetron hydrochloride IV prior to each dose of doxorubicin hydrochloride.
Patients may receive rescue antiemetic medication after chemotherapy at the discretion of the investigator.
Quality of life is assessed at baseline and on day 5 of each course.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 57 patients will be accrued for this study.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
cyclophosphamide, dexamethasone, doxorubicin hydrochloride, ondansetron, palonosetron hydrochloride, quality-of-life assessment
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center/University of Washington Cancer Consortium
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:43:50-0400
RATIONALE: Bortezomib may stop the growth of cancer cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth. Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as liposomal doxorubicin hydrochloride, d...
This randomized phase III trial studies how well netupitant/palonosetron hydrochloride and dexamethasone with prochlorperazine or olanzapine work compared to netupitant/palonosetron hydroc...
This study aims to compare the quality of perioperative antiemesis of palonosetron and ondansetron in patients undergoing cesarean section
RATIONALE: Aprepitant, palonosetron, and dexamethasone may help lessen or prevent nausea and vomiting in patients receiving chemotherapy. PURPOSE: This phase II trial is studying how well...
RATIONALE: Antiemetic drugs, such as dexamethasone, palonosetron, and dronabinol may help lessen or prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy. It is not yet known whether giving d...
To compare the pharmacokinetic bioequivalence and safety of a generic pegylated liposomal doxorubicin formulation (SPIL DXR hydrochloride liposome injection) with that of the reference products, Caely...
Two structural isomers of cefotiam in cefotiam hydrochloride for injection were observed, and the structures of the isomers were determined by mass spectrometry and various 1D and 2D NMR techniques. T...
Ketamine 50-mg/mL Injection, IJPC Jul/Aug 2013 pg 331. "Evaluation of the Stability of Ketoprofen in Pluronic Lecithin Organogel and the Determination of an Appropriate Beyond-use Date" IJPC Jul/Aug 2...
The inhibitory effects of ammonium chloride (NHCl) and chlorpromazine hydrochloride on betanodavirus were evaluated on Sahul Indian sea bass kidney (SISK) cell line. The cytotoxicity of different conc...
To evaluate and compare the soft tissue anaesthesia produced by tramadol hydrochloride on gingival tissues in maxilla.
A pharmaceutical preparation of sitagliptin phosphate and metformin hydrochloride that is used in the treatment of TYPE 2 DIABETES.
A benzamide derivative that is used as a dopamine antagonist.
Used in the form of the hydrochloride as a reagent in ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY TECHNIQUES.
4(1-Naphthylvinyl)pyridine hydrochloride. Cholinesterase inhibitor. Synonym: YuB 25.
An antihistamine with mast-cell stabilizing properties used as eye drops in the treatment of ALLERGIC CONJUNCTIVITIS.
In a clinical trial or interventional study, participants receive specific interventions according to the research plan or protocol created by the investigators. These interventions may be medical products, such as drugs or devices; procedures; or change...
Bladder Cancer Brain Cancer Breast Cancer Cancer Cervical Cancer Colorectal Head & Neck Cancers Hodgkin Lymphoma Leukemia Lung Cancer Melanoma Myeloma Ovarian Cancer Pancreatic Cancer ...
Women's Health - key topics include breast cancer, pregnancy, menopause, stroke Follow and track Women's Health News on BioPortfolio: Women's Health News RSS Women'...