Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
The main purpose of this trial is to collect information and to evaluate the effects, good or bad, the combination of docetaxel and bevacizumab has on patients with high risk prostate cancer that are undergoing radical prostatectomy.
- Patients who are eligible for this study will undergo an endorectal MRI scan test before beginning the research study.
- After the MRI, the patient will begin the docetaxel plus bevacizumab part of the study. Each treatment cycle starts on the day you receive both drugs and lasts 21 days. Patients will undergo a total of 6 cycles-5 with docetaxel plus bevacizumab and one with docetaxel alone.
- At the beginning of each cycle, the patient will come into the clinic for a visit that will last about 3 hours. The following will happen at these visits: physical examination including vital signs and rectal exam; questions about the patients health and the medications they are taking; blood tests (both routine and research blood tests); urine tests; bevacizumab infusion; docetaxel infusion.
- The patients first dose of bevacizumab will be given on Day 1 of the first cycle over 90 minutes. If the patient tolerates the 90-minute infusion well, later doses may be given over a shorter period of time.
- The day before and the morning of the beginning of each cycle, the patient will be given a steroid called dexamethasone in pill form to help decrease the side effects of the treatment.
- The above tests and procedures will be repeated every 21 days a total of five times. For the sixth time, the patient will have all the same tests and procedures except they will not receive bevacizumab.
- After the six cycles, the patient will undergo another endorectal MRI.
- One to two months after finishing the sixth cycle, the patient will undergo a radical prostatectomy to remove their prostate.
- Two to three months after the surgery the patient will return to the clinic to have the following tests and procedures: questions about the patient's health; routine blood tests and research blood tests.
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Control: Historical Control, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Active, not recruiting
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:44:55-0400
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as docetaxel and prednisone, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from divi...
Prostate cancer is a common and important health issue. Although effective treatment is often available for localized disease, metastatic prostate cancer remains incurable. The initial tre...
This is a Phase II study of docetaxel, bevacizumab, prednisone and thalidomide in patients with androgen independent metastatic prostate cancer who are previously untreated with chemothera...
The primary objectives of this study are to evaluate the safety and best dose of a regimen including bevacizumab and erlotinib in combination with docetaxel and prednisone. In addition, th...
The purpose of this study is to test whether an experimental drug called bevacizumab given together with gemcitabine and docetaxel, a standard chemotherapy regimen for sarcoma, can help sa...
At least to date, no effective treatment for advanced castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) has been established. Recent studies indicated that cell division cycle 20 homolog (Cdc20) overexpress...
Docetaxel is currently the first-line chemotherapeutic agent available for the treatment of patients with advanced prostate cancer (PCa). While docetaxel has been shown to modestly improve survival ti...
The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy and safety of docetaxel, cabazitaxel, docetaxel + estramustine, mitoxantrone in the management of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC).
Switch maintenance therapy, using alternative agents that were not administered during induction chemotherapy, is a treatment option for advanced non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Bevac...
High baseline YKL-40 serum levels are associated with drug resistance in several solid tumours. However, their role in predicting docetaxel (DOC) resistance in prostate cancer (PCa) is unknown.
A glycoprotein that is a kallikrein-like serine proteinase and an esterase, produced by epithelial cells of both normal and malignant prostate tissue. It is an important marker for the diagnosis of prostate cancer.
A synthetic retinoid that is used orally as a chemopreventive against prostate cancer and in women at risk of developing contralateral breast cancer. It is also effective as an antineoplastic agent.
Tissue ablation of the PROSTATE performed by ultrasound from a transducer placed in the RECTUM. The procedure is used to treat prostate cancer (PROSTATIC NEOPLASMS) and benign prostatic hypertrophy (PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA).
Proteins secreted by the prostate gland. The major secretory proteins from the human prostate gland include PROSTATE-SPECIFIC ANTIGEN, prostate-specific acid phosphatase, prostate-specific membrane antigen, and prostate-specific protein-94.
Tumors or cancer of the PROSTATE.
Prostate cancer (cancer de prostata) Prostate cancer (cancer de prostata) is a form of cancer that develops in the prostate, a gland in the male reproductive system. Most prostate cancers are slow growing; however, there are cases of aggressive prostat...