Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
RATIONALE: GTI-2040 may stop the growth of cancer cells by blocking the enzymes necessary for their growth. It may also increase the effectiveness of docetaxel by making the tumor cells more sensitive to the drug. Combining GTI-2040 with docetaxel may kill more tumor cells
PURPOSE: Phase I/II trial to study the effectiveness of combining GTI-2040 with docetaxel in treating patients who have recurrent, metastatic, or unresectable locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer, prostate cancer, or other solid tumors.
- Determine the recommended phase II dose of GTI-2040 and docetaxel in patients with recurrent, metastatic, or unresectable locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer, prostate cancer, or other solid tumors (phase I study closed to accrual as of 8/5/2004).
- Determine the toxicity of this regimen in these patients.
- Determine the objective tumor response rate in patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the stable disease rate, time to disease progression, objective response duration, and duration of stable disease in patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of GTI-2040 when administered in combination with docetaxel in these patients.
- Correlate the pharmacokinetics of GTI-2040 with the biological and toxic effects of this regimen in these patients.
- Correlate baseline and post-treatment levels of ribonucleotide reductase activity in tumor biopsies and peripheral blood mononuclear cells and tumoral expression of c-myc, ras, pRAF1, pMAPK, and markers of apoptosis with clinical outcome in patients treated with this regimen.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, dose-escalation, multicenter study.
- Phase I (closed to accrual as of 8/5/2004): Patients receive GTI-2040 IV continuously on days 1-14. Patients also receive docetaxel IV over 1 hour on day 3 during course 1 and on day 1 for all subsequent courses. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of GTI-2040 and docetaxel until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose at which 2 of 3 or 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity. The recommended phase II dose (RP2D) is defined as the dose preceding the MTD.
- Phase II: Patients receive GTI-2040 and docetaxel at the RP2D as in phase I. Patients are followed every 3 months.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 12-48 patients (12-18 for phase I [closed to accrual as of 8/5/2004] and 15-30 for phase II) will be accrued for this study within 4-16 months.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Margaret and Charles Juravinski Cancer Centre
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:54:45-0400
RATIONALE: GTI-2040 may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking the enzymes necessary for their growth. Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as docetaxel, work in different ways to stop tum...
RATIONALE: GTI-2040 may stop the growth of cancer cells by blocking the enzymes necessary for cancer cell growth. Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as cytarabine, use different ways to stop...
The purpose of this study is to compare the impact of IPI-504 in combination with docetaxel to placebo in combination with docetaxel on life expectancy in patients with Non Small Cell Lung...
To determine the effectiveness of CP-868,596 + docetaxel, AG-013736 + docetaxel and CP-868,596 + AG-013736 + docetaxel in patients previously treated for non-small cell lung cancer.
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as oxaliplatin and capecitabine, work in different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die. GTI-2040 may increase the...
Efficacy and Safety of Ramucirumab With Docetaxel Versus Placebo With Docetaxel as Second-Line Treatment of Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A Subgroup Analysis According to Patient Age in the REVEL Trial.
Ramucirumab, a recombinant human immunoglobulin G1 monoclonal antibody receptor antagonist designed to block the ligand-binding site of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 (VEGFR-2), was eva...
A randomised phase II trial of docetaxel versus docetaxel plus carboplatin in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer who have progressed after response to prior docetaxel chemotherapy: The RECARDO trial.
Docetaxel is standard first-line chemotherapy for patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate carcinoma (mCRPC). Docetaxel re-challenge has never been tested in a prospective randomised con...
Updated efficacy analysis including secondary population results for OAK: a randomized phase III study of atezolizumab vs docetaxel in patients with previously treated advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
The efficacy and safety of atezolizumab vs docetaxel as second- or third-line treatment in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the primary (n=850; ITT850) and secondary (n=1225; ITT12...
Nonhematologic adverse events (AEs) of docetaxel constitute an extra burden in the treatment of cancer patients and necessitate either a dose reduction or an outright switch of docetaxel for other reg...
Docetaxel is currently the first-line chemotherapeutic agent available for the treatment of patients with advanced prostate cancer (PCa). While docetaxel has been shown to modestly improve survival ti...
Tumors or cancer of the LUNG.
Malignant neoplasm arising from the epithelium of the BRONCHI. It represents a large group of epithelial lung malignancies which can be divided into two clinical groups: SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER and NON-SMALL-CELL LUNG CARCINOMA.
Nuclear phosphoprotein encoded by the p53 gene (GENES, P53) whose normal function is to control CELL PROLIFERATION and APOPTOSIS. A mutant or absent p53 protein has been found in LEUKEMIA; OSTEOSARCOMA; LUNG CANCER; and COLORECTAL CANCER.
A heterogeneous aggregate of at least three distinct histological types of lung cancer, including SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA; ADENOCARCINOMA; and LARGE CELL CARCINOMA. They are dealt with collectively because of their shared treatment strategy.
A form of highly malignant lung cancer that is composed of small ovoid cells (SMALL CELL CARCINOMA).
Cancer is not just one disease but many diseases. There are more than 100 different types of cancer. Most cancers are named for the organ or type of cell in which they start - for example, cancer that begins in the colon is called colon cancer; cancer th...
Prostate cancer (cancer de prostata) Prostate cancer (cancer de prostata) is a form of cancer that develops in the prostate, a gland in the male reproductive system. Most prostate cancers are slow growing; however, there are cases of aggressive prostat...
Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing as well as dispensing drugs and medicines. It is a health profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs. The scope of...