Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Individuals spend one third of their life working. Age of retirement is regularly pushed back. The main challenge in the nearest future will be to maintain workers health to deal with their work till retirement. Morbidity before retirement has a huge cost, both in public health and economically for companies. Numerous factors increase morbidity such as stress at work, sedentary and low physical activity, and poor nutrition habits. Nowadays, digital world wildly invades lives and offer a no-limit possibility to interact with individuals, everywhere. Thus, a software able to understand an individual in its globality seems to address this challenge. Moreover, managers need to understand the actions needed within their company. The objective of WittyFit is to increase life expectancy and well-being. WittyFit will constitute a powerful database to build strong evidence and new knowledge on the relationships between work, behavior, and health, based on a large amount of epidemiological data.
1. Whereas other interventional software focus on a specific aim (relaxation, musculo-skeletal disorder, etc), Wittyfit has the ambition to promote health with a global understanding of workers, based on continuous and updated scientific knowledge (evidence based medicine). A feedback is given on targets screened from questionnaires through e-learning and personalized motivating messages.
2. The second novelty of WittyFit is that managers will also have an anonymous feedback on the general state of health and problems encountered by its employees, in general or by department if the sample size is sufficiently high. Managers will indeed be able to target specific actions such as promoting physical activity at work or helping its employees to quit smoking.
3. Third, WittyFit is a prevention tool in collaboration with occupational medicine, which may help to detect a high risk toward the integrity of an employee.
4. Moreover, WittyFit is in fact based on two databases: "WittyFit" which deals with behavioral data, and "WittyFit Research" which deals with medical data. To guarantee the highest level of security, the two databases are separate and do not communicate together; physicians from the CHU of Clermont-Ferrand will be the only individuals with an access to medical data.
5. When a worker will leave Wittyfit, the company will encode three possibilities: retirement, move for another company, or premature death. Therefore, WittyFit will have the ability to have mortality as a primary outcome.
6. Finally, WittyFit may constitute a powerful database to build strong evidence and new knowledge on the relationships between lifestyle and health, based on huge amount of epidemiological data.
7. At last, WittyFit will evolve with the waves of connected objects further increasing its data accuracy, with the use of devices such as pedometers, heart rate monitors, accelerometers, thermometer, etc.
8. WittyFit is building a rainbow: work (shiftwork, sedentary job, particular occupations, etc) / psychology and physiology / statistics modeling / public health, and in general, health.
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label
University Hospital, Clermont-Ferrand
Published on BioPortfolio: 2015-11-04T17:23:22-0500
Prospective, single cohort, multi-center study evaluating the TREFOIL concept for the treatment of edentulous or patients with failing mandibular dentition over 5 years. 90 patients (15 pe...
The purpose of this study is to determine whether there is a positive correlation between an evidence based clinical nutrition concept and relevant clinical outcomes in malnourished hospit...
The traditional concept believes that the etiology of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) is immature development of lung,especially the surfactant synthesis system,and RDS is sti...
effect of concept map in teaching critical thinking was done with randomized study
The aim of this study is to get a proof of concept for using a computational model of fetal haemodynamics, combined with machine learning based on Doppler patterns of the fetal cardiovascu...
The concept of amenable mortality is intended to assess health care system performance. It is defined as "premature deaths that should not occur in the presence of timely and effective health care". T...
Self-concept is an individual's perception of him/herself. Research into the self-concept of children with cerebral palsy (CP) has been sparse due to the lack of a population-specific self-concept ins...
Goal of the study Environmental risk factors are of great importance for public health with a considerable but often unused potential for prevention. However, knowledge about the complex associations ...
The Western Australian Audit of Surgical Mortality was established in 2002. A 10-year analysis suggested it was the primary driver in the subsequent fall in surgeon-related mortality. Between 2004 and...
Death resulting from the presence of a disease in an individual, as shown by a single case report or a limited number of patients. This should be differentiated from DEATH, the physiological cessation of life and from MORTALITY, an epidemiological or statistical concept.
Postnatal deaths from BIRTH to 365 days after birth in a given population. Postneonatal mortality represents deaths between 28 days and 365 days after birth (as defined by National Center for Health Statistics). Neonatal mortality represents deaths from birth to 27 days after birth.
Analysis of word concepts by the association of polar adjectives, e.g., good-bad, with the concept, father. The adjectives are usually scaled in 7 steps. The subject's placement of the concept on the adjectival scale indicates the connotative meaning of the concept.
Number of fetal deaths with stated or presumed gestation of 20 weeks or more in a given population. Late fetal mortality is death after of 28 weeks or more.
An acute, transmissible, infectious disease associated with high MORTALITY and MORBIDITY in young turkeys (poults). It is characterized by DIARRHEA; ANOREXIA; growth depression, and immune dysfunction. The cause is unknown but astroviruses (AVASTROVIRUS) and coronaviruses (CORONAVIRUS, TURKEY) have been isolated from diseased poults and are thought to cause the enteritis and increased susceptibility to bacterial infections.
Adhd Anorexia Depression Dyslexia Mental Health Psychiatry Schizophrenia Stress Mental health, although not being as obvious as physical health, is very important, causing great unhappiness to those affected, causing add...
Women's Health - key topics include breast cancer, pregnancy, menopause, stroke Follow and track Women's Health News on BioPortfolio: Women's Health News RSS Women'...