Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Etiopathology of periodontitis is complex and various risk factors are known :
- Bacterial factors: major risk factor. Although the presence of periodontopathogen bacteria is necessary for the onset of periodontitis, these microorganisms are not sufficient for progression of all periodontal disease.
- Immune factor: host immune response modulates the disease evolution to destruction or recovery. The most studied cytokine in periodontology is IL-1 that induces various immune reactions and bone resorption directly or indirectly through the stimulation of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) release. PGE2 activates the matrix metalloproteinases that are responsible of the degradation of bone extracellular matrix.
Cytokine production, especially TNFα, IL-1β, IL-6 and IL-8, by some immune cells is modulated by new identified molecules such as Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid cells (TREM) whose role in periodontitis is unknown.
The purpose of this study is to compare concentrations of soluble TREM-1 and TREM-2 markers in infected sites and in healthy sites in patients affected by periodontitis.
Other purposes are
1. Comparison of soluble TREM-1 and TREM-2 concentrations in healthy sites in patients affected by periodontitis and in healthy patients
2. Comparison of soluble TREM-1 and TREM-2 concentrations before and after etiologic periodontitis treatment
3. Estimation of the correlation between soluble TREM-1 and TREM-2 concentrations and clinical signs of periodontitis
4. Description of soluble TREM-1/TREM-2 ratio before and after etiologic treatment
5. Description of presence of some bacteria in sites analyzed for soluble TREM-1 and TREM-2
6. Search for the most observed bacteria in presence of high concentrations of soluble TREM-1 and TREM-2 before and after etiologic treatment
7. Evaluation of the impact of psychological stress measured through salivary cortisol level in saliva on TREM-1 and -2 expression
8. Evaluation of the impact of psychological stress through stress and anxiety auto-questionnaires (Spielberger and Cohen) on soluble TREM-1 and TREM-2 concentrations in crevicular fluid of healthy and pathologic teeth.
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Basic Science
Crevicular samples (1-10µl), Saliva samples (1ml), Etiologic treatment, Psychometric tests
Service Odontologie - Site Heydenreich - CHRU Nancy
Central Hospital, Nancy, France
Published on BioPortfolio: 2016-08-23T12:23:22-0400
Objective The aim of this study was to test a protocol for the extraction of high quality genomic DNA from saliva samples obtained with mouthwash and taken from patients with periodontal d...
In this study, 100 female students aged 18 to 30 years old in Xiamen University will be enrolled. On the first visit, blood, saliva and urine samples of all participants will be collected....
This research trial studies germ-line mutations in blood and saliva samples from patients with cancer. Studying samples of blood and saliva from patients with cancer in the laboratory may ...
Background: Researchers are testing a new way to find out what causes infections in people in hospitals. Current techniques use chemical or biological tests on a person s samples. Sample...
The purpose of this study is to better understand the genetic causes of cancer and the inherited tendency to develop cancer. To accomplish this, blood specimens and/or saliva samples and/o...
The present study compared IgA specificity against oral streptococci in colostrum and saliva samples. Sixty-two mother-and-child pairs were included; samples of colostrum (C) and saliva (MS) were coll...
The purpose of this study was to compare microbial profiles of saliva, pooled and site-specific subgingival samples in patients with periodontitis. We tested the hypotheses that saliva can be an alter...
Malondialdehyde has been used as a biomarker for lipid peroxidation in biological samples. An ultra high performance liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry method was developed to determi...
Seventy saliva samples, seventy urine samples, seventy nail samples, seventy hair samples, eight drinking water samples and ninety-three crop samples were collected from four villages of the Hetao Bas...
Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a protein often studied in psychiatric populations. Commercial ELISA kits have been validated for measuring BDNF in blood plasma and serum, but blood collec...
Techniques for using whole blood samples collected on filter paper for a variety of clinical laboratory tests.
Testing erythrocytes to determine presence or absence of blood-group antigens, testing of serum to determine the presence or absence of antibodies to these antigens, and selecting biocompatible blood by crossmatching samples from the donor against samples from the recipient. Crossmatching is performed prior to transfusion.
The ethical and/or legal obligation of a health provider or researcher to communicate with a former patient or research subject about advances in research relevant to a treatment or to a genetic or other diagnostic test provided earlier, or about proposed new uses of blood or tissue samples taken in the past for another purpose.
The preparation and analysis of samples on miniaturized devices.
The process of protecting various samples of biological material.
Cytokines include chemokines, lymphokines, and monokines. Cells of the immune system communicate with one another by releasing and responding to chemical messengers called cytokines. These proteins are secreted by immune cells and act on other cells to...
Osteoporosis is a disease in which the bones become extremely porous, are subject to fracture, and heal slowly, occurring especially in women following menopause and often leading to curvature of the spine from vertebral collapse. Follow and track&n...
Cytokine Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF)
TNF is a compound that is classified as a cytokine which plays a central role in the cellular mechanisms of apoptosis or cell death. However, there are a number of different kinds of TNF, just under twenty, but the family of molecules have very similar a...