Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
The purpose of this study is effects of Omalizumab compared to non-Omalizumab treatment in the propensity-matched group on asthma exacerbation in asthma patients in Korea: a retrospective cohort in real world.
Omalizumab was approved 2007 in Korea and has been used in this center. We would like to collect and analyze the data and exacerbation outcomes of these patients on Omalizumab; no Korean real world data available.
1. Primary and secondary outcomes and analysis methods
(1) Primary endpoint Comparison of asthma exacerbation rates of omalizumab-treated vs non-Omalizumab treated group at outcome period (6 months). (asthma exacerbation: at least 1 systemic steroid treatment and/or bursts of systemic oral steroid use by prednisone-equivalent dose ≥45mg/3days, in a 6 month for relieving asthma exacerbations.) Fisher's exact test is examined for asthma exacerbation between omalizumab-treated vs non-Omalizumab treated group.
(2) Secondary endpoint
- Comparison of the clinical parameters Asthma exacerbation rate, ICS sparing effect, OCS requirement, lung function (FEV1%), Healthcare resource use (asthma-related ER visit/hospitalization)
1. Within Omalizumab-treated group between baseline and outcome period
2. Between Omalizumab-treated and not-treated groups at outcome period For comparison of within group, paired T-test and McNemar test are applied for continuous and categorical parameters, respectively. And, T-test and Fisher's exact test are examined for continuous and categorical parameters between Omalizumab-treated and not-treated groups. Incidentally, non-parametric tests will be examined as needed.
- Finding predictor of favorable responders to Omalizumab at 6 months. (Favorable responder: 50% reduction of asthma exacerbation or of steroid requirement during 6 months with/without ICS/LABA) Candidate factors: Omalizumab treatment period/monthly dose, age, gender, asthma treatment duration, total IgE, sputum cell profile, peripheral eosinophilia serum periostin level, anti-asthmatic drug requirements etc.
Binary logistic regression is used for finding predictor of favorable responders. If a serious imbalance of dependent parameter occurs from a low frequency of favorable responder, the descriptive analysis will be applied with T-test and Fisher's exact test.
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Retrospective
Active, not recruiting
Ajou University School of Medicine
Published on BioPortfolio: 2016-10-03T23:38:21-0400
The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of omalizumab, compared to placebo, on clinically significant asthma exacerbation rates in adolescents and adults with asthma.
Omalizumab will be given as add-on treatment to optimized asthma therapy in patients with severe persistent asthma, who demonstrate inadequate asthma symptom control. Response to omalizuma...
This study will evaluate the safety and efficacy of omalizumab against asthma attacks in mild to moderate allergic asthma
This study will assess further the safety and tolerability of long-term treatment with omalizumab by extending omalizumab treatment by 1 year for those patients with allergic asthma who su...
This study is designed to investigate the use of omalizumab as a pretreatment for patients with persistent allergic asthma who are candidates for allergen immunotherapy (ie, allergy shots)...
Omalizumab has been available for treatment of allergic asthma for more than a decade and thus, its efficacy in routine treatment was of interest to evaluate. Basophil allergen threshold sensitivity (...
Omalizumab is a monoclonal antibody that binds and inhibits free serum immunoglobulin E, a mediator involved in the clinical manifestations of allergic asthma. Evidence for its efficacy and safety in ...
Omalizumab is a humanized monoclonal antibody which binds to human immunoglobulins E (IgE), thus preventing their interactions with both high affinity and low affinity IgE receptors. Therefore, omaliz...
Even if omalizumab is broadly used in the treatment of severe, allergic asthma, the immunological effects in long-term treated patients have not been fully elucidated. To this aim a cohort of 15 aller...
Omalizumab is a recombinant humanized IgG monoclonal antibody, which binds the Fc region of free IgE prevent its binding to its high-affinity receptor (FcεR1) on mast cells and basophils. Omalizumab ...
An anti-IgE, recombinant, humanized monoclonal antibody which specifically binds to the C epsilon3 domain of IMMUNOGLOBULIN E, the site of high-affinity IgE receptor binding. It inhibits the binding of IgE to MAST CELLS and BASOPHILS to reduce the severity of the allergic response and is used in the management of persistent allergic ASTHMA.
Asthma attacks caused, triggered, or exacerbated by OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE.
Asthma attacks following a period of exercise. Usually the induced attack is short-lived and regresses spontaneously. The magnitude of postexertional airway obstruction is strongly influenced by the environment in which exercise is performed (i.e. inhalation of cold air during physical exertion markedly augments the severity of the airway obstruction; conversely, warm humid air blunts or abolishes it).
Drugs that are used to treat asthma.
A beta-adrenergic agonist used in the treatment of asthma and bronchospasms.
The term allergy is used to describe a response, within the body, to a substance, which is not necessarily harmful in itself, but results in an immune response and a reaction that causes symptoms and disease in a predisposed person, which in turn can cau...
Asthma is caused by inflammation of small tubes, called bronchi, which carry air in and out of the lungs. If you have asthma, the bronchi will be inflamed and more sensitive than normal. When you come into contact with something that irritates your...
Pulmonary relating to or associated with the lungs eg Asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Influenza, Lung Cancer, Pneumonia, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Sleep Disorders etc Follow and track Lung Cancer News ...