Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
20 patients were selected requiring implant placement and divided randomly into two groups (10 in each group)
- for the study group, starter drill is used to locate the point of insertion as planned then pilot drill is also used to the full desired working length after that all other sequential drills are used at a low speed (50-70 rpm) without irrigation .
- In the study group: implant will be inserted in the low speed osteotomy site.
- In the control group: implants will be inserted in the conventional prepared osteotomy site.
- For both groups there is no surgical guide used.
- The flap will then be copiously irrigated with saline in preparation for closure.
- The flap will then be closed using interrupted 4/0 resorbable sutures.
Drilling at low speed, Drilling at conventional or high speed
Active, not recruiting
Published on BioPortfolio: 2017-07-19T10:53:23-0400
20 patients were selected requiring implant placement and divided randomly into two groups (10 in each group) - for the study group, starter drill is used to locate the point of insert...
Clinical Evaluation Of Dental Implants Stability Placed In Healed Bony Sites Following Over-drilling Compared To Conventional-Drilling Protocol
Based on manufacturer testing, no major difference in drilling condition is expected in this study compared to the drilling conditions previously established. However clinical testing is ...
- Vitamin D considers as the most potent effect on calcium level in blood it was found that vitamin D target mainly bone tissue intestine and kidney for calcium absorption In bone, vitamin...
comparing the drilling technique of using densah burs osseo densification drills in posterior maxilla with the normal surgical kit drilling
Thermal necrosis is one of the main concerns in bone drillings. This study has been designed with the aim of improving the surgeons' knowledge on how to reduce thermal necrosis in tibia drilling with ...
It is important for companies to increase the efficiency of drilling as well as prolong the lifetime of the drilling tool. Since some previous investigations indicated that a superposition of well dri...
Using fluoroptic thermography, temperature was measured during pin site drilling of intact cortical human cadaver bone with a combination of one-step drilling, graduated drilling, and one-step drillin...
The aim of the experiment was to study the healing at implants installed in site prepared in bone type 1 using different rotation speeds and cooling strategies. The tibiae of twelve sheep were used as...
Rapid horizontal directional well drilling in hard or fractured formations requires efficient drilling technology. The penetration rate of conventional hard rock drilling technology in horizontal dire...
A drilling technology in which NATURAL GAS is extracted from large deposits of impermeable rock formations known as shale, deep within the earth’s crust. This drilling technique involves injecting large volumes of high-pressure fracturing fluid (a mixture of water, sand, and chemicals) several thousand feet underground, thereby creating cracks or fissures in the shale formation, and releasing trapped gas.
Dental methods involving the use of DENTAL HIGH-SPEED EQUIPMENT.
Liquid chromatographic techniques which feature high inlet pressures, high sensitivity, and high speed.
Tools used in dentistry that operate at high rotation speeds.
Surgical techniques used to correct or augment healing of chondral defects in the joints (CARTILAGE, ARTICULAR). These include abrasion, drilling, and microfracture of the subchondral bone to enhance chondral resurfacing via autografts, allografts, or cell transplantation.
Osteoporosis is a disease in which the bones become extremely porous, are subject to fracture, and heal slowly, occurring especially in women following menopause and often leading to curvature of the spine from vertebral collapse. Follow and track&n...