Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
This phase Ib/II trial studies the side effects and best dose of FT-2102 when given together with ASTX727 in treating patients with IDH1-mutated myelodysplastic syndrome or acute myeloid leukemia that has come back (recurrent) or does not respond to treatment (refractory). ASTX727 is an oral deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) methyltransferase (DNMT) inhibitor. DNA methylation is necessary for cell differentiation and development. Changes to the methylation profile can lead to DNA instability which can cause diseases like cancer. DNMT inhibitors target and inhibit these changes. FT-2102 is an isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 (IDH1) inhibitor. IDH1 is a type of protein involved in metabolism, or the process of providing the body's cells with energy. FT-2102 may stop the abnormal IDH1 protein and may reduce 2-HG levels in diseased cells to levels found in normal cells. Giving ASTX727 and FT-2102 may work better in treating patients with myelodysplastic syndrome or acute myeloid leukemia compared to ASTX727 and FT-2102 alone.
- To evaluate the safety of IDH-1 inhibitor FT-2102 (FT-2102) in combination with CDA inhibitor E7727/decitabine combination agent ASTX727 (ASTX727) in myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients with IDH1 R132 mutations. (Phase Ib)
- To evaluate the response rate (overall response rate [ORR], complete response [CR], complete remission with partial hematologic recovery (CRh), complete remission with incomplete blood count recovery [CRi], morphologic leukemia-free state [MLFS], partial response [PR]) of the combination of ASTX727 and the IDH1-inhibitor, FT-2102 in subjects with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with IDH1 R132 mutations. (Phase II)
- To confirm the phase II recommended dosing level of FT-2102 and ASTX727 in combination. (Phase Ib)
- To determine the pharmacokinetics of FT-2102 and ASTX727 in combination. (Phase Ib)
- To determine the reduction of bone marrow blasts. (Phase II)
- To determine the overall survival and event-free survival. (Phase II)
- To determine the levels of 2-HG in the blood and blood cells after treatment. (Phase II)
- To determine the relationship of 2-HG reduction to clinical response. (Phase II)
OUTLINE: This is a phase Ib, dose-escalation of IDH-1 inhibitor FT-2102 followed by a phase II study.
Patients receive CDA inhibitor E7727/decitabine combination agent ASTX727 orally (PO) once daily (QD) on days 1-5 and IDH-1 inhibitor FT-2102 PO QD or twice daily (BID) on days 1-28. Cycles repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed up at 30 days, every 3 months for 12 months, and then periodically for up to 5 years.
Acute Myeloid Leukemia
CDA Inhibitor E7727/Decitabine Combination Agent ASTX727, IDH-1 Inhibitor FT-2102
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Not yet recruiting
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Published on BioPortfolio: 2019-07-16T10:39:01-0400
Multicenter, randomized, open-label, crossover PK study of ASTX727 versus IV decitabine. Adult subjects who are candidates to receive IV decitabine will be randomized 1:1 to receive the AS...
ABNL-MARRO (A Basket study of Novel therapy for untreated MDS/MPN and Relapsed/Refractory Overlap Syndromes) is an international European-American cooperation providing the framework for c...
This Phase 1/1b study will utilize a multicenter, open-label dose-escalation design to evaluate the safety, PK, and PD of FT-2102 (single agent) and FT-2102 + azacitidine (combination agen...
This is a phase 1 study of the combination of cedazuridine with decitabine in patients with solid tumors. At least 6 patients will be enrolled per treatment level to assess optimal hypomet...
This study is designed to examine blood levels of ASTX727, a fixed-dose combination tablet containing the combination of cedazuridine (100 mg) and decitabine (35 mg), when given under fed ...
With proven single-agent activity and favorable toxicity profile of MEK-1/2 inhibition in advanced leukemia, investigation into combination strategies to overcome proposed resistance pathways is warra...
Glioblastoma is the most common and aggressive brain tumour in adults with a median overall survival of only 14 months after standard therapy with radiation therapy (IR) and temozolomide (TMZ). In a...
Chemotherapy-induced alimentary mucositis (AM) is difficult to prevent and treatment is rarely effective. Recent study have been showed that glucagon-like peptide (GLP)-1 and GLP-2 has protective in c...
Current treatments for overactive bladder (OAB) are often discontinued due to side effects or lack of efficacy. The goal of this study was to determine if combining a phosphodiesterase type 4 inhibito...
Triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) has a poor prognosis because of limited treatment options. The combination of a poly ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor with a DNA-damaging agent has shown pro...
A cytochrome oxidase inhibitor which is a nitridizing agent and an inhibitor of terminal oxidation. (From Merck Index, 12th ed)
Inhibitor or Reverse Transcriptases or of RNA-dIrected DNA polymerase.
An HIV protease inhibitor used in a fixed-dose combination with RITONAVIR. It is also an inhibitor of CYTOCHROME P-450 CYP3A.
An irreversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase types A and B that is used as an antidepressive agent. It has also been used as an antitubercular agent, but its use is limited by its toxicity.
A piperazine derivative, PHOSPHODIESTERASE 5 INHIBITOR and VASODILATOR AGENT that is used as a UROLOGICAL AGENT in the treatment of ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION.
Bioinformatics is the application of computer software and hardware to the management of biological data to create useful information. Computers are used to gather, store, analyze and integrate biological and genetic information which can then be applied...