Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
The goal of the current pragmatic trial is to evaluate the impact of a simple method of selecting a treatment approach for identified mutations on participants' progression free survival (PFS). The study also intends to collect information on barriers that investigators encounter when prescribing treatment options using the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) reports. Additionally, patients' quality of life will be measured before, after, and during treatment.
Patients will be followed until death for monitoring survival study endpoints.
• To estimate the progression-free ratio, as defined by the progression-free survival time on study treatment divided by the progression-free survival time on the last treatment received by patient, for an identified actionable mutation, who will be treated with an off-label treatment off label therapy based on a simplified selection methodology using the Next Generation Sequencing results.
- To estimate patient response rate on off-label treatments for actionable mutations based on Next Generation Sequencing results.
- To estimate overall survival (OS) for patients treated with off-label treatments for actionable mutations based on Next Generation Sequencing results.
- To describe the safety of using off-label or other experimental treatments for patients with actionable mutations based on Next Generation Sequencing results.
- To identify types of actionable mutations with available targeted treatment occurring in cancer patients.
- To characterize the historical treatment regimens for these patients relative to the targetable mutation.
- To describe patient clinical and demographic characteristics of those with actionable mutations based on Next Generation Sequencing results.
- To identify barriers to treatment based on Next Generation Sequencing results.
Investigational Agent, Supportive Care Regimens, Next Gen Sequencing Report
Wake Forest Baptist Comprehensive Cancer Center
Not yet recruiting
Wake Forest University Health Sciences
Published on BioPortfolio: 2019-10-07T08:56:52-0400
Based on results from earlier clinical trials, Pemetrexed may have antitumor activity as a first-line agent in the treatment of mesothelioma. Given this, it is hypothesized that Pemetrexed...
Individuals living with cystic fibrosis (CF) commonly report high symptom burden, poor quality of life, and additional psychosocial stressors; these burdens are particularly heightened in ...
The purpose of this study is to establish a listing (database) of patients diagnosed with lung cancer and treated with best supportive care and standard and investigational chemotherapy re...
This is a multicenter, open-label, randomized, two-arm Phase 2 study comparing pemetrexed plus best supportive care with best supportive care alone as maintenance therapy following first-l...
Cancer patients often require administration of multiple supportive care pharmacotherapies while receiving chemotherapy regardless the type of cancer. Supportive care therapies are commonl...
Patients living with cystic fibrosis (CF) report impaired quality of life. Little is known about unmet supportive care needs among adults living with CF and how they are associated with demographic ch...
The diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer necessitate a variety of supportive care needs. To our knowledge, no studies have been conducted that target specifically the supportive care needs of patien...
Supportive care is an important strategy that can help cancer survivors manage changes and problems during their follow-up care. Identifying patients' care needs is one of the primary steps of the nur...
There are currently limited data for the use of specific antiviral therapies for the treatment of Ebola virus disease (EVD). While there is anecdotal evidence that supportive care may be effective, th...
A housing and health care alternative combining independence with personal care. It provides a combination of housing, personalized supportive services and health care designed to meet the needs, both scheduled and unscheduled, of those who need help with activities of daily living. (www.alfa.org)
Specialized health care, supportive in nature, provided to a dying person. A holistic approach is often taken, providing patients and their families with legal, financial, emotional, or spiritual counseling in addition to meeting patients' immediate physical needs. Care may be provided in the home, in the hospital, in specialized facilities (HOSPICES), or in specially designated areas of long-term care facilities. The concept also includes bereavement care for the family. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Drug regimens, for patients with HIV INFECTIONS, that aggressively suppress HIV replication. The regimens usually involve administration of three or more different drugs including a protease inhibitor.
Facilities or services which are especially devoted to providing palliative and supportive care to the patient with a terminal illness and to the patient's family.
A thiosemicarbazone that is used in association with other antimycobacterial agents in the initial and continuation phases of antituberculosis regimens. Thiacetazone containing regimens are less effective than the short-course regimen recommended by the International Union Against Tuberculosis and are used in some developing countries to reduce drug costs. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p217)
DNA sequencing is the process of determining the precise order of nucleotides within a DNA molecule. During DNA sequencing, the bases of a small fragment of DNA are sequentially identified from signals emitted as each fragment is re-synthesized from a ...
Bladder Cancer Brain Cancer Breast Cancer Cancer Cervical Cancer Colorectal Head & Neck Cancers Hodgkin Lymphoma Leukemia Lung Cancer Melanoma Myeloma Ovarian Cancer Pancreatic Cancer ...