Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Human beings are characterized by their extraordinary ability to thermoregulate. During a physical exercise, only 25% of the energy provided by the substrates is converted into muscular mechanical work. The remaining 75% is released as heat.
In fact, thermoregulation has always been an integral part of exercise's physiology.
Due to current climate change, study and understand the mechanisms of thermoregulation and the practices of runners to cope with these constraints becomes increasingly necessary in order to optimize the sports performance and protect the health of athletes of all levels.
The exercise-related hyperthermia and malignant hyperthermia, dehydration and hyponatremia problems have been relatively well studied in several sports. For ultra endurance disciplines, the data remains very fragmentary.
Not yet recruiting
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de la Réunion
Published on BioPortfolio: 2019-10-28T13:56:52-0400
Compare the frequency of varicose veins in the lower limbs in a population exposed to intensive sport compared to individuals matched by sex, age and body mass index (BMI) did not have an ...
The primary objective of this investigation is to test the efficacy of two sport participation formats (individual sport, team sport) on key psychosocial outcomes compared to a non-sport c...
Relevance and Aim: There has been increasing research interest in sport preferences and motivational factors as well as barriers that restrain from engaging in sport activities in people s...
Allergic diseases like asthma, rhinitis, conjunctivitis and dermatitis are very frequent in athletes, even if those complaining allergic symptoms do not always receive a medical diagnosis....
Returning to sport is one of the primary concerns of athletes following injury. Yet, after serious injury, up to 50% of athletes do not return to competitive sport. Psychological factors p...
Sport climbing and bouldering has developed from a rarely performed to a very popular sport in the last 30 years. Sport physicians are increasingly faced with its specific and otherwise uncommon in...
Orthorexia Nervosa (ON) is an eating disorder marked by an excessive control over the quality of the food eaten. Some groups present a higher prevalence of ON and people practicing sports seems to be ...
Research focused on mental health in sport has revealed a need to develop evidence-supported mental health practices that are sensitive to sport culture, particularly for non-elite athletes. A consens...
Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is very frequent and studied among contact sport players, above all American Football. Now, the defined diagnosis is only post-mortem and, consequently, more det...
To evaluate the relationship between sport specialization, sleep, and subjective well-being in female youth soccer players.
Self report questionnaire which yields 16 scores on personality traits, such as reserved vs. outgoing, humble vs. assertive, etc.
Hospital units providing continuous surveillance and care to acutely ill infants and children. Neonates are excluded since INTENSIVE CARE UNITS, NEONATAL is available.
A self-administered version of the Primary Care Evaluation of Mental Disorders (PRIME-MD), a diagnostic tool containing modules on multiple mental health disorders including anxiety, alcohol, eating, and somatoform modules. The Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9) is designed specifically for mood/depression scoring each of the 9 DSM-IV criteria based on the mood module from the original PRIME-MD. The Generalized Anxiety Disorder scale (GAD-7) scores 7 common anxiety symptoms.
A sport involving mountain climbing techniques.
A competitive nine-member team sport including softball.
Neurology - Central Nervous System (CNS)
Alzheimer's Disease Anesthesia Anxiety Disorders Autism Bipolar Disorders Dementia Epilepsy Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Neurology Pain Parkinson's Disease Sleep Disorders Neurology is the branch of me...
Cardiology is a specialty of internal medicine. Cardiac electrophysiology : Study of the electrical properties and conduction diseases of the heart. Echocardiography : The use of ultrasound to study the mechanical function/physics of the h...