Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
- To obtain prospective, clinical practice-based data on how symptomatic VTE is managed with low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) enoxaparin in Canadian outpatient settings.
- To describe the demographic and clinical characteristics of patients with symptomatic VTE including characteristics of VTE, VTE risk factors and bleeding risk factors.
- To assess the frequency of patient characteristics that would necessitate adjustment in the dose or duration of enoxaparin therapy, e.g. high BMI, impaired creatinine clearance, advanced age, cancer-associated VTE.
- To assess the degree of adherence in clinical practice to Consensus Guidelines (ACCP/American College of chest Physician 2008) for the management of acute VTE, vis a vis:
- Appropriate dosing of enoxaparin
- Recommended duration of initial LMWH therapy
- Adequate overlap of LMWH with vitamin K antagonists (VKA)
- Recommended duration of longterm VKA
- Frequency of use of LMWH monotherapy to treat cancer-related VTE
- To access safety outcomes (including bleeding and recurrent VTE)
- To describe the utilization of resources due to bleeding and recurrent VTE during the treatment period.
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Medical Prevention Therapy
Sanofi-Aventis Administrative Office
Active, not recruiting
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:13:20-0400
The goal of the AIM Study is to examine the effectiveness of Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP) versus Relapse Prevention (RP) for the treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders (AUD) by ...
A random-order cross-over pilot trial of a CE marked device (pacemaker) outside its current intended purposes. The study will comprise 10 patients. Recruitment of patients will take place...
This is a post-market medical device study. This study will compare best medical practice with or without adjunctive VNS Therapy in patients who are 16 years and older with pharmacoresist...
The purposes of the study are to analyse the cross-section data of secondary stroke prevention in China and to carry out a standard medical management including medicine and interactive ed...
The purpose of this research study is to evaluate whether Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy (ERP) can help adults with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in China following a train...
About one-third of ischemic stroke are cryptogenic. Paradoxical embolism through patent foramen ovale (PFO) has been identified as a possible cause of cryptogenic stroke. Therefore, PFO closure has be...
Despite the well-established benefits of secondary cardiovascular prevention, the importance of concurrent medical therapy in clinical trials of coronary revascularization is often overlooked.
Patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure versus medical therapy for prevention of recurrent stroke in patients with prior cryptogenic stroke: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials to assess the effect of closure of a patent foramen ovale (PFO) compared with medical therapy for the prevention of s...
Analyzing the evidence for the strand transfer integrase inhibitor cabotegravir (CAB; GSK744, GSK1265744), its properties and differences from other compounds in the class, as well as reviewing the pr...
3-year treatment outcomes of water vapor thermal therapy (Rezūm System) compared to doxazosin, finasteride and combination drug therapy for men with benign prostatic hyperplasia: cohort data from the Medical Therapy of Prostatic Symptoms (MTOPS) Trial.
This evaluation of long-term outcomes of treatment for lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic hyperplasia compares a one-time water vapor thermal therapy procedure with daily medical the...
Professions or other business activities directed to the cure and prevention of disease. For occupations of medical personnel who are not physicians but who are working in the fields of medical technology, physical therapy, etc., ALLIED HEALTH OCCUPATIONS is available.
A medical specialty primarily concerned with prevention of disease (PRIMARY PREVENTION) and the promotion and preservation of health in the individual.
Specific practices for the prevention of disease or mental disorders in susceptible individuals or populations. These include HEALTH PROMOTION, including mental health; protective procedures, such as COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL; and monitoring and regulation of ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTANTS. Primary prevention is to be distinguished from SECONDARY PREVENTION and TERTIARY PREVENTION.
The prevention of recurrences or exacerbations of a disease that already has been diagnosed. This also includes prevention of complications or after-effects of a drug or surgical procedure.
Assistance in managing and monitoring drug therapy for patients receiving treatment for cancer or chronic conditions such as asthma and diabetes, consulting with patients and their families on the proper use of medication; conducting wellness and disease prevention programs to improve public health; overseeing medication use in a variety of settings.
Cancer is not just one disease but many diseases. There are more than 100 different types of cancer. Most cancers are named for the organ or type of cell in which they start - for example, cancer that begins in the colon is called colon cancer; cancer th...
Within medicine, nutrition (the study of food and the effect of its components on the body) has many different roles. Appropriate nutrition can help prevent certain diseases, or treat others. In critically ill patients, artificial feeding by tubes need t...