Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
The purpose of this study is to determine:
1. Utility of urgent upper endoscopy in setting of dislodges PEG tube
2. Feasibility of replacing naive PEG tubes with NOTES in lieu of traditional surgical methods
3. Efficacy of replacing naive PEG tubes with NOTES in lieu of traditional surgical methods.
1. Utility of Urgent Upper Endoscopy in Setting of Naïve Dislodged PEG Tubes as defined by:
- Percentage of Open vs. Closed Gastrotomy upon urgent endoscopy
- Presence of Incidental Pathology noted on Endoscopy
- Complications of Urgent Endoscopy
- Time of Procedure
2. Technical Feasibility of the NOTES procedure determined by:
- Number of Successful/Failed PEG Placements
- Number of Patients Requiring intra-operative conversion to laparotomy or laparoscopic procedure
- Time to Complete Procedure
- Presence or absence of post-procedural contrast extravasation on completion contrast radiographic study
3. Efficacy of NOTES PEG Rescue compared to historical controls as characterized by the following post-operative criteria:
- Number of Patients Requiring Subsequent Medical or Surgical Wound Infection within 30 post-op days
- Post-Operative CT or Operative Findings consistent with abscess confirmed by culture positive drainage, aspiration
- Intra-Operative or Post-Operative RBC Transfusion
- Length of Stay
- Antibiotics > 24h Post-Op
- 30 day Re-Admission
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery
University Hospitals Case Medical Center
University Hospitals of Cleveland
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:13:53-0400
Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES) describes a new field of investigational surgery which uses the endoscope as the primary operative tool. The insertion sites for th...
The purpose of the study is to determine the feasibility of cholecystectomy made by a transvaginal approach with a NOTES procedure (natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery).
A research study to find out more about an investigational approach to perform surgery that has not been done in humans before at this institution. Normally this type of surgery would be ...
To determine the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of a novel minimally invasive approach to cholecystectomy and to establish a description of this novel translumenal technique in humans a...
The purpose of this study is to determine: 1. What quantity of bacteria is spilled into the abdomen during a colon resection 2. If there is a correlation between the quantity and pos...
To describe the surgical technique and short-term outcomes for 26 cases of transvaginal natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (vNOTES) sacrocolpopexy for the treatment of pelvic organ prolap...
To compare hysterectomy by Transvaginal Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (vNOTES) versus total laparoscopic hysterectomy (TLH) as a day-care procedure.
Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) is a new development in the field of minimally invasive surgery. The aim of this study was to demonstrate a new hybrid NOTES technique in gyneco...
Natural orifice surgery has been increasingly used in colon surgery since the early 2000s. However, it is rarely used for total colectomy. In this study, we aimed to retrospectively compare natural or...
Previous studies suggest female-to-male transgender men tend to choose less invasive procedures, but the superior route of hysterectomy for them remains undetermined.
Surgical procedures performed through a natural opening in the body such as the mouth, nose, urethra, or anus, and along the natural body cavities with which they are continuous.
A specialized form of transanal endoscopic surgery for microscopically controlled operations in the RECTUM.
Endoscopic surgical procedures performed with visualization via video transmission. When real-time video is combined interactively with prior CT scans or MRI images, this is called image-guided surgery (see SURGERY, COMPUTER-ASSISTED).
Endoscopic surgery of the pleural cavity performed with visualization via video transmission.
The protrusion of an organ or part of an organ into a natural or artificial orifice.
Surgery is a technology consisting of a physical intervention on tissues. All forms of surgery are considered invasive procedures; so-called "noninvasive surgery" usually refers to an excision that does not penetrate the structure being exci...
Acne Dermatology Eczema Psoriasis Wound Care Dermatology is the medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders (Oxford Medical Dictionary). As well as studying how the skin works, dermatology covers...