Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
The purpose of this study is to determine:
1. Utility of urgent upper endoscopy in setting of dislodges PEG tube
2. Feasibility of replacing naive PEG tubes with NOTES in lieu of traditional surgical methods
3. Efficacy of replacing naive PEG tubes with NOTES in lieu of traditional surgical methods.
1. Utility of Urgent Upper Endoscopy in Setting of Naïve Dislodged PEG Tubes as defined by:
- Percentage of Open vs. Closed Gastrotomy upon urgent endoscopy
- Presence of Incidental Pathology noted on Endoscopy
- Complications of Urgent Endoscopy
- Time of Procedure
2. Technical Feasibility of the NOTES procedure determined by:
- Number of Successful/Failed PEG Placements
- Number of Patients Requiring intra-operative conversion to laparotomy or laparoscopic procedure
- Time to Complete Procedure
- Presence or absence of post-procedural contrast extravasation on completion contrast radiographic study
3. Efficacy of NOTES PEG Rescue compared to historical controls as characterized by the following post-operative criteria:
- Number of Patients Requiring Subsequent Medical or Surgical Wound Infection within 30 post-op days
- Post-Operative CT or Operative Findings consistent with abscess confirmed by culture positive drainage, aspiration
- Intra-Operative or Post-Operative RBC Transfusion
- Length of Stay
- Antibiotics > 24h Post-Op
- 30 day Re-Admission
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery
University Hospitals Case Medical Center
University Hospitals of Cleveland
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:13:53-0400
Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES) describes a new field of investigational surgery which uses the endoscope as the primary operative tool. The insertion sites for th...
The purpose of the study is to determine the feasibility of cholecystectomy made by a transvaginal approach with a NOTES procedure (natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery).
A research study to find out more about an investigational approach to perform surgery that has not been done in humans before at this institution. Normally this type of surgery would be ...
To determine the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of a novel minimally invasive approach to cholecystectomy and to establish a description of this novel translumenal technique in humans a...
The purpose of this study is to determine: 1. What quantity of bacteria is spilled into the abdomen during a colon resection 2. If there is a correlation between the quantity and pos...
Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery thyroidectomy is a novel approach to avoid surgical scars.
More than 10 years ago various research groups in Germany first reported the possibility of transoral surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands. These were developed and evaluated within the frame...
Symptomatic or complicated liver cysts sometimes require surgical intervention and laparoscopic fenestration is the definitive treatment for these cysts. We performed minimally invasive surgery, hybri...
To demonstrate helpful tips and tricks for the successful use of transvaginal NOTES for performing sacrocolpopexy and salpingo-oophorectomy surgery.
Transoral thyroidectomy is a kind of "natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES)" which is now being performed in increasing frequency. However, the safety and feasibility have not been c...
Surgical procedures performed through a natural opening in the body such as the mouth, nose, urethra, or anus, and along the natural body cavities with which they are continuous.
A specialized form of transanal endoscopic surgery for microscopically controlled operations in the RECTUM.
Endoscopic surgical procedures performed with visualization via video transmission. When real-time video is combined interactively with prior CT scans or MRI images, this is called image-guided surgery (see SURGERY, COMPUTER-ASSISTED).
Endoscopic surgery of the pleural cavity performed with visualization via video transmission.
The protrusion of an organ or part of an organ into a natural or artificial orifice.
Acne Dermatology Eczema Psoriasis Wound Care Dermatology is the medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders (Oxford Medical Dictionary). As well as studying how the skin works, dermatology covers...