Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Assess the effect of cigarette smoking of tobacco with or without addition of resin cannabis on driving performance in healthy volunteers in simulated driving in Marseille and Toulouse, and in real world driving to Bordeaux.
Multicenter Study of phase 1, randomized, double-blind, cross plan, carried out in healthy male volunteers.
- To compare performance data driving with the data self-assessed on the ability to drive, and the level of sleepiness and fatigue
- To measure the effects of distractive task on driving performance, consisting of a conversation with co-driver of the real or simulated vehicle (a series of difficult questions involving reflection)
- To validate the (known) effects of cannabis
- To adapt equipment and standardize methods for the pharmacological studies evaluating other types of substances having an impact on driving (antihistamines, antidepressants, antiparkinsonian ...) and other populations of subjects (men versus women, young versus elderly, healthy versus sick ...)
- To compare data obtained under conditions of simulated driving and actual driving situation, under identical experimental conditions (volunteers, narcotic substance, experimental) and measure the degree of ecological validity of the simulation of driving
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment, Masking: Double Blind (Subject, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor), Primary Purpose: Health Services Research
Assistance Hôpitaux de Marseille
Not yet recruiting
Assistance Publique Hopitaux De Marseille
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:13:53-0400
Approximately 50% of persons seeking treatment for cannabis-use disorders (CUDs) regularly smoke tobacco. Combining tobacco with cannabis has become a common method of smoking cannabis. Si...
Despite the prevalence of cannabis use among the PTSD population and self-reports that it is used to help cope with PTSD symptoms, the direct effects of cannabis on PTSD symptomology are u...
Epidemiological studies have established a link between collisions while driving and cannabis use. With the changing legal landscape around cannabis, there is much interest in determining ...
This is a follow-up project to a proof-of-concept study to determine if Cannabis use in male humans is associated with changes in DNA methylation profile of sperm. This proposal will exami...
Cannabis use disorders are an important public health problem in the United States, but no effective pharmacotherapies are available to treat these disorders. People with schizophrenia ar...
The combined use of cannabis and tobacco is frequent in Europe. Few studies have nonetheless explored this pattern of consumption and its relationship with academic achievement in Spanish population. ...
It is common for cannabis users to also use tobacco. While data suggest that tobacco users have more difficulty achieving cannabis cessation, secondary analyses of clinical trial data sets may provide...
Use of Cannabis and use of tobacco overlap, and co-use of Cannabis and tobacco has increased over the past decade among adults. The current study aims to document the prevalence and correlates of co-u...
Prenatal exposures to tobacco and cannabis are associated with combustible cigarette use. This study evaluated pathways from these prenatal exposures to adult electronic cigarette use. We tested wheth...
Previous studies showed reduction of brain cannabinoid CB receptors in adults with cannabis and alcohol use disorders. Preclinical data suggest that these receptors also contribute to nicotine reward ...
Tobacco used to the detriment of a person's health or social functioning. Tobacco dependence is included.
The aggregate business enterprise of agriculture, manufacture, and distribution related to tobacco and tobacco-derived products.
Use of TOBACCO (Nicotiana tabacum L) and TOBACCO PRODUCTS.
Pipes for smoking tobacco, cannabis, and other substances, in which smoke is drawn through water. Do not confuse with SMOKING PIPES.
Inhaling and exhaling the smoke of tobacco or something similar to tobacco.
Within medicine, nutrition (the study of food and the effect of its components on the body) has many different roles. Appropriate nutrition can help prevent certain diseases, or treat others. In critically ill patients, artificial feeding by tubes need t...
Women's Health - key topics include breast cancer, pregnancy, menopause, stroke Follow and track Women's Health News on BioPortfolio: Women's Health News RSS Women'...