Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
RATIONALE: Pazopanib hydrochloride and pemetrexed disodium may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth.
PURPOSE: This phase II trial is studying the side effects and how well giving pazopanib hydrochloride together with or without pemetrexed disodium works in treating patients with stage III or stage IV non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer previously treated with bevacizumab.
- To estimate the disease-control rate (complete response [CR] + partial response [PR] + stable disease lasting ≥ 12 weeks as defined by RECIST criteria) of pazopanib hydrochloride with vs without pemetrexed disodium in patients with stage IIIB/IV non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer who progressed on first-line therapy containing bevacizumab as defined by RECIST criteria.
- To estimate the combined response rate (CR + PR) in these patients according to RECIST criteria.
- To estimate the progression-free survival and overall survival of these patients.
- To evaluate the safety and tolerability of treatment using the NCI CTCAE version 4.0.
- To explore potential correlations between blood biomarkers and clinical benefit.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study. Patients who have been treated with prior pemetrexed disodium are assigned to group 1 and patients who have not been treated with pemetrexed disodium are assigned to group 2.
- Group 1 (pazopanib hydrochloride alone): Patients receive oral pazopanib hydrochloride on days 1-21. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
- Group 2 (pazopanib hydrochloride and pemetrexed disodium): Patients receive oral pazopanib hydrochloride on days 1-21 and pemetrexed disodium IV over 10 minutes on day 1. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Blood samples are collected periodically for biomarker analysis.
After completion of study therapy, patients are followed up every 2 months for 2 years.
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
pazopanib hydrochloride, pemetrexed disodium
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-07-23T21:09:29-0400
RATIONALE: Pemetrexed disodium and erlotinib may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth. Giving pemetrexed disodium together with erlotinib m...
This phase II trial studies how well nivolumab, cisplatin, and pemetrexed disodium or gemcitabine hydrochloride in treating patients with stage I-IIIA non-small cell lung cancer that can b...
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as pemetrexed disodium, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from dividing....
RATIONALE: Monoclonal antibodies, such as bevacizumab, can block tumor growth in different ways. Some block the ability of tumor cells to grow and spread. Others find tumor cells and help ...
RATIONALE: Pemetrexed disodium may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth. Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as gemcitabine, work in different...
As pazopanib plasma trough concentrations are correlated with treatment outcome, we explored whether single nucleotide polymorphisms in the elimination pathway of pazopanib affect systemic pazopanib c...
The tyrosine kinase inhibitor pazopanib is used for treatment of sarcoma. Recent studies have suggested that the use of pazopanib may lead to the development of pneumothorax, an unexpected adverse eff...
Cohort G of KEYNOTE-021 (NCT02039674) evaluated the efficacy and safety of pembrolizumab plus pemetrexed-carboplatin (PC) versus PC alone as first-line therapy for advanced nonsquamous NSCLC. At the p...
Leptomeningeal metastases (LMs) were devastating metastatic complications of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Management of LMs relied on conventional therapy but with poor survival, lacking effect...
The aim of our study was to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and recommended dose of pemetrexed with concurrent thoracic radiation therapy for elderly patients with previously untreated loca...
A quinazoline derivative and ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENT that functions as a PROTEIN KINASE INHIBITOR for EGFR associated tyrosine kinase. It is used in the treatment of NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER.
Tumors or cancer of the LUNG.
A synthetic opioid that is used as the hydrochloride. It is an opioid analgesic that is primarily a mu-opioid agonist. It has actions and uses similar to those of MORPHINE. It also has a depressant action on the cough center and may be given to control intractable cough associated with terminal lung cancer. Methadone is also used as part of the treatment of dependence on opioid drugs, although prolonged use of methadone itself may result in dependence. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1082-3)
Malignant neoplasm arising from the epithelium of the BRONCHI. It represents a large group of epithelial lung malignancies which can be divided into two clinical groups: SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER and NON-SMALL-CELL LUNG CARCINOMA.
Nuclear phosphoprotein encoded by the p53 gene (GENES, P53) whose normal function is to control CELL PROLIFERATION and APOPTOSIS. A mutant or absent p53 protein has been found in LEUKEMIA; OSTEOSARCOMA; LUNG CANCER; and COLORECTAL CANCER.
In a clinical trial or interventional study, participants receive specific interventions according to the research plan or protocol created by the investigators. These interventions may be medical products, such as drugs or devices; procedures; or change...
GILOTRIF (afatinib) is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose tumors have epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) exon 19 deletions or exon 21 (L8...