Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as brostallicin and cisplatin, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from dividing. Giving brostallicin together with cisplatin may kill more tumor cells.
- To identify any clinical efficacy of treatment with brostallicin and cisplatin, as measured by progression-free survival (PFS) at 3 months, in patients with triple-negative metastatic breast cancer.
- To describe the confirmed tumor response rate in these patients.
- To describe the duration of response in these patients.
- To describe the 6-month PFS of these patients.
- To describe the overall survival of these patients.
- To evaluate the adverse event profile of this regimen according to the current version of NCI CTCAE.
- To assess the baseline glutathione levels in whole blood (before the administration of cisplatin) in these patients and to correlate those levels with the primary and secondary endpoints. (Translational research)
- To evaluate whether cisplatin administered the day before the administration of brostallicin leads to an increased level of glutathione/glutathione S-transferase levels in vivo and whether such increase is associated with improvement of the primary and secondary endpoints. (Translational research)
- To assess the prevalence of BCRA-1 mutation by IHC on the primary or metastatic tumor in these patients. (Translational research)
- To assess the association of BRCA-1 mutation by IHC with the primary and secondary endpoints. (Translational research)
- To bank paraffin-embedded tissue blocks or slides and blood products for future studies as part of ongoing research for NCCTG breast studies. (Translational research)
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Patients receive cisplatin IV over 2 hours on day 1 and brostallicin IV over 10 minutes on day 2. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Blood samples are collected periodically for translational research studies. Tumor tissue samples may also be collected for research studies.
After completion of study therapy, patients are followed up every 3 months until disease progression and then every 6 months for up to 5 years.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
brostallicin, cisplatin, laboratory biomarker analysis
Mayo Clinic Scottsdale
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:15:04-0400
RATIONALE: ABT-888 may stop the growth of some tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth. Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as cisplatin and vinorelbine ditartrate,...
This randomized phase II trial studies how well cisplatin works with or without veliparib in treating patients with stage IV triple-negative breast cancer and/or breast cancer (BRCA) mutat...
RATIONALE: Studying samples of blood from patients with cancer in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about changes that occur in DNA and identify biomarkers related to cancer. ...
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as cisplatin and paclitaxel, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from divi...
RATIONALE: Studying samples of blood from patients with cancer and from healthy participants in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about changes that may occur in DNA and identify ...
The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical efficacy of APC gene promoter methylation in serum as a biomarker for breast cancer (BC) diagnosis.
MicroRNA (miR)‑455‑5p has been identified as a biomarker for various types of cancer and may therefore be involved in the regulation of cancer development and progression. However, the specific ro...
Breast cancer (BC) is the second leading cause of cancer-related mortality in women. Bioinformatic analysis and expression screening showed that Prolactin Induced Protein (PIP) was differentially expr...
Biomarker assessment of the CBCSG006 trial: A randomized phase III trial of cisplatin plus gemcitabine compared with paclitaxel plus gemcitabine as first-line therapy for patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer.
CBCSG006 trial reported the superior efficacy of cisplatin plus gemcitabine (GP) regimen than paclitaxel plus gemcitabine (GT) regimen as first-line treatment of metastatic triple-negative breast canc...
We evaluated the potential of diffusion-weighted MRI (DW-MRI) and 18F-FDG-PET for the early prediction of a triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) response to cisplatin.
Abnormal accumulation of lymph in the arm, shoulder and breast area associated with surgical or radiation breast cancer treatments (e.g., MASTECTOMY).
Metastatic breast cancer characterized by EDEMA and ERYTHEMA of the affected breast due to LYMPHATIC METASTASIS and eventual obstruction of LYMPHATIC VESSELS by the cancer cells.
A infiltrating (invasive) breast cancer, relatively uncommon, accounting for only 5%-10% of breast tumors in most series. It is often an area of ill-defined thickening in the breast, in contrast to the dominant lump characteristic of ductal carcinoma. It is typically composed of small cells in a linear arrangement with a tendency to grow around ducts and lobules. There is likelihood of axillary nodal involvement with metastasis to meningeal and serosal surfaces. (DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, p1205)
A deoxycytidine derivative and fluorouracil PRODRUG that is used as an ANTINEOPLASTIC ANTIMETABOLITE in the treatment of COLON CANCER; BREAST CANCER and GASTRIC CANCER.
Carbohydrate antigen elevated in patients with tumors of the breast, ovary, lung, and prostate as well as other disorders. The mucin is expressed normally by most glandular epithelia but shows particularly increased expression in the breast at lactation and in malignancy. It is thus an established serum marker for breast cancer.
In a clinical trial or interventional study, participants receive specific interventions according to the research plan or protocol created by the investigators. These interventions may be medical products, such as drugs or devices; procedures; or change...