Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
PURPOSE: This phase I/II clinical trial is studying the side effects and best dose of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 and to see how well it works in treating young patients with relapsed or refractory solid tumors, CNS tumors, lymphoma, or T-cell leukemia.
- To estimate the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) and recommend a phase II dose of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 administered orally to children with relapsed or refractory solid tumors or lymphoma on two schedules: once daily orally on a 3-day on/4-day off weekly schedule (schedule A) or once daily for 5 consecutive days weekly schedule (schedule B).
- To define and describe the toxicities of this drug administered on these schedules to children with relapsed or refractory solid tumors, lymphoma, or T-cell leukemia.
- To estimate the MTD and recommended phase II dose of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 administered with dexamethasone.
- To define and describe the toxicities of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 administered with dexamethasone.
- To characterize the pharmacokinetics of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 in children with refractory cancer.
- To preliminarily define the antitumor activity of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 in children with solid or CNS tumors and lymphoma within the confines of a phase I study.
- To obtain initial efficacy data on the antitumor activity of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 when combined with dexamethasone in children with relapsed-refractory T-cell leukemia (T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia [ALL]).
- To study the effect of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 on Hes1 (hairy/enhancer of split) and other components of the Notch signaling pathway in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and/or T-ALL blasts. (exploratory)
- To examine archival tumor samples for expression of JAGGED1, JAGGED2, cleaved NOTCH1, and HES1, and HES5 by IHC and for amplification of NOTCH1 or NOTCH2 using FISH analysis. (exploratory)
- To preliminarily assess changes following treatment with gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 using FDG PET imaging. (exploratory)
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter, phase I, dose-escalation study of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097. Patients are enrolled sequentially to group A or B.
- Group A: Patients receive oral gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 once daily on days 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, and 22-24. Treatment repeats every 28 days for up to 24 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
- Group B: Patients receive oral gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 once daily on days 1-5, 8-12, 15-19, and 22-26. Treatment repeats every 28 days for up to 24 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Patients may also receive concurrent oral dexamethasone twice daily on the days of gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 administration.
Blood, plasma, bone marrow, and tumor tissue samples may be collected at baseline and periodically during the first course for correlative lab and tumor studies, including pharmacokinetics.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed up for up to 30 days.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors
dexamethasone, gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097, laboratory biomarker analysis, pharmacological study
Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-07-24T14:06:51-0400
RATIONALE: Enzyme inhibitors, such as gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097, may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth. PURPOSE: This phase I...
RATIONALE: Gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth. Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as gemcitabine hy...
This randomized phase I/II clinical trial is studying the side effects and best dose of gamma-secretase/notch signalling pathway inhibitor RO4929097 when given together with vismodegib and...
RATIONALE: Gamma-secretase inhibitor RO4929097 and cediranib maleate may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth. Cediranib maleate also may s...
This phase Ib/II trial studies the side effects and best dose of gamma-secretase/Notch signalling pathway inhibitor RO4929097 when given together with cisplatin, vinblastine, and temozolom...
Perineural dexamethasone has been shown to prolong the duration of local anesthetic (LA) effect in regional anesthesia; however, the use of perineural dexamethasone as an adjuvant to to the transversu...
Deregulated Notch signaling due to mutation or overexpression of ligands and/or receptors is implicated in various human malignancies. Gamma-secretase inhibitors inhibit Notch signaling by preventing ...
Dexamethasone has many desirable pharmacologic properties for perioperative use. Its antiemetic potential has been a focus of many recent trials.
Perineural dexamethasone and intravenous (IV) dexamethasone have been shown to prolong peripheral nerve block duration. The effects of perineural and IV dexamethasone have only been compared at doses ...
γ-Secretase complex, the assembly of nicastrin (NCT), Presenilin (PS), Presenilin Enhancer-2 (PEN-2) and Anterior pharynx defective 1 (Aph-1), catalyzes the cleavage of amyloid precursor protein to g...
Integral membrane protein of Golgi and endoplasmic reticulum. Its homodimer is an essential component of the gamma-secretase complex that catalyzes the cleavage of membrane proteins such as NOTCH RECEPTORS and AMYLOID BETA-PROTEIN precursors. PSEN2 mutations cause ALZHEIMER DISEASE type 4.
Integral membrane proteins and essential components of the gamma-secretase complex that catalyzes the cleavage of membrane proteins such as NOTCH RECEPTORS and AMYLOID BETA-PROTEIN precursors. Mutations of presenilins lead to presenile ALZHEIMER DISEASE with onset before age 65 years.
Endopeptidases that are specific for AMYLOID PROTEIN PRECURSOR. Three secretase subtypes referred to as alpha, beta, and gamma have been identified based upon the region of amyloid protein precursor they cleave.
An analogue of GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID. It is an irreversible inhibitor of 4-AMINOBUTYRATE TRANSAMINASE, the enzyme responsible for the catabolism of GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID. (From Martindale The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 31st ed)
A rho GDP-dissociation inhibitor subtype that has a unique C-terminal alpha helical membrane-binding domain. It is found bound to CYTOPLASMIC VESICLES such as those associated with the GOLGI APPARATUS.
Cancer is not just one disease but many diseases. There are more than 100 different types of cancer. Most cancers are named for the organ or type of cell in which they start - for example, cancer that begins in the colon is called colon cancer; cancer th...
In a clinical trial or interventional study, participants receive specific interventions according to the research plan or protocol created by the investigators. These interventions may be medical products, such as drugs or devices; procedures; or change...