Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
The purpose of this research study is to determine the safety of the combination of the two drugs cediranib and temsirolimus and the highest doses of these two drugs that can be given in combination to people safely. Cediranib is a drug that may stop blood supply to the tumor and therefore help keep cancer cells from growing. Temsirolimus is a drug that may stop cancer cells from growing. These drugs have been used in other research studies in ovarian and kidney cancer and these studies suggest that these drugs may help to keep cancer from growing in this research study.
- We are looking for the highest dose of the study drugs that can be administered safely without severe or unmanageable side effects in participants that have recurrent gynecological cancers. Not everyone who participates in this research study will receive the same dose of the study drug.
- There will be samples of blood taken that measure any additional effect of the study drugs and to look for a marker for the participant's particular type of cancer. Blood will be taken at a certain point in the study to evaluate the interaction of the two study drugs, cediranib and temsirolimus when given together. These are called pharmacokinetic (PK) samples. About 6 teaspoons of blood will be taken with each PK sample with a total of 34 samples taken.
- Participants will be given a study medication diary for each treatment cycle. Each cycle lasts four weeks (28 days). Temsirolimus will be given on days 1, 8, 15 and 22 of each cycle. Cediranib wil be taken orally once daily in the morning.
- Participants will be asked to monitor their blood pressure on a daily basis at home and keep a blood pressure diary.
- The following tests and procedures will be performed at specific time periods during the course of the study: medical history; side effect assessment; physical exam; vital signs; blood tests; CT scan; MUGA or ECHO; EKG and urine test.
Allocation: Non-Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:16:01-0400
The purpose of this study is to see how effective cediranib is in treating a brain tumour called recurrent glioblastoma. Two drugs are being tested in this study. Lomustine is an approved...
This is a Phase II, randomized, multi-centre study aiming at comparing the efficacy of Olaparib and Cediranib vs. weekly Paclitaxel in terms of progression free survival (PFS) in platinum ...
Cediranib is being tested to assess its effectiveness on the growth of kidney cancer tumours and also how well it is tolerated.
This study is being done to determine the highest safe dose of the combination of temsirolimus and axitinib; to learn the side effects when these drugs are given together; and to determine...
The purpose of this study is to find out what effects, good and/or bad, the combination of sorafenib and temsirolimus will have on thyroid cancer. Treatment guidelines from the National Co...
To evaluate the Risk of Endometrial Cancer (REC) scoring system for the prediction of high and low probability of endometrial cancer (EC) in women with postmenopausal bleeding (PMB).
Evidence on the association between BMI, height, and endometrial cancer risk, including by subtypes, among Asian populations remains limited. We evaluated the impact of BMI and height on the risk of e...
With the increasing incidence of endometrial cancer, the high survival rate, and the large number of endometrial cancer survivors, investigations of long-term genitourinary outcomes are important for ...
Endometrial cancer is the most common gynaecological cancer, and its incidence is increasing. Obesity is a well-recognized risk factor for endometrial cancer, and the mechanisms by which adipose tissu...
Although lymphovascular space invasion is a prognostic factor for the recurrence of resectable endometrial cancer, the differential impacts of lymphatic vessel invasion (LVI) and blood vessel invasion...
Neoplasms of the endometrial stroma that sometimes involve the MYOMETRIUM. These tumors contain cells that may closely or remotely resemble the normal stromal cells. Endometrial stromal neoplasms are divided into three categories: (1) benign stromal nodules; (2) low-grade stromal sarcoma, or endolymphatic stromal myosis; and (3) malignant endometrial stromal sarcoma (SARCOMA, ENDOMETRIAL STROMAL).
A hereditary disease characterized by multiple ectodermal, mesodermal, and endodermal nevoid and neoplastic anomalies. Facial trichilemmomas and papillomatous papules of the oral mucosa are the most characteristic lesions. Individuals with this syndrome have a high risk of BREAST CANCER; THYROID CANCER; and ENDOMETRIAL CANCER. This syndrome is associated with mutations in the gene for PTEN PHOSPHATASE.
The extension of endometrial tissue (ENDOMETRIUM) into the MYOMETRIUM. It usually occurs in women in their reproductive years and may result in a diffusely enlarged uterus with ectopic and benign endometrial glands and stroma.
Tumors or cancer of ENDOMETRIUM, the mucous lining of the UTERUS. These neoplasms can be benign or malignant. Their classification and grading are based on the various cell types and the percent of undifferentiated cells.
Benign proliferation of the ENDOMETRIUM in the UTERUS. Endometrial hyperplasia is classified by its cytology and glandular tissue. There are simple, complex (adenomatous without atypia), and atypical hyperplasia representing also the ascending risk of becoming malignant.
Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing as well as dispensing drugs and medicines. It is a health profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs. The scope of...
Head and neck cancers
Cancer can occur in any of the tissues or organs in the head and neck. There are over 30 different places that cancer can develop in the head and neck area. Mouth cancers (oral cancers) - Mouth cancer can develop on the lip, the tongue, the floor...
Clinical Approvals Clinical Trials Drug Approvals Drug Delivery Drug Discovery Generics Drugs Prescription Drugs In the fields of medicine, biotechnology and pharmacology, drug discovery is the process by which drugs are dis...