Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as temozolomide, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from dividing. Monoclonal antibodies, such as cixutumumab, can block tumor growth in different ways. Some block the ability of tumor cells to grow and spread. Others find tumor cells and help kill them or carry tumor-killing substances to them. Giving temozolomide and cixutumumab together with combination chemotherapy may kill more tumor cells.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying the side effects and how well giving temozolomide and cixutumumab together with combination chemotherapy works in treating patients with metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma.
- To determine the feasibility of administering cixutumumab in combination with an intensive multi-agent interval compressed chemotherapy regimen for the treatment of high-risk metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS).
- To determine the feasibility of adding temozolomide to vincristine and irinotecan in these patients.
- To assess immediate and short-term side effects of concurrent temozolomide, vincristine, and irinotecan with radiotherapy in these patients.
- To determine the feasibility of administering cixutumumab in combination with an intensive multi-agent interval compressed chemotherapy regimen comprising temozolomide, vincristine, and irinotecan in these patients.
- To gain a preliminary estimate of the response rate to cixutumumab and/or temozolomide, vincristine, and irinotecan in these patients.
- To obtain preliminary efficacy data for cixutumumab and/or temozolomide in combination with an intensive multi-agent interval compressed chemotherapy regimen in these patients.
- To determine the effectiveness of detecting metastatic disease with fludeoxyglucose F 18 positron emission tomography (FDG PET) and to compare assessment of response using standard imaging techniques with response assessed by FDG PET.
- To assess changes in serum levels of IGF-I, IGF-II, IGF-BP3 as biomarkers of IGF-IR inhibition.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter, dose-escalation study of cixutumumab. Patients are assigned to 1 of 3 treatment groups according to the timing of their enrollment onto the study.
- Group 1: Patients receive vincristine sulfate IV on day 1 of weeks 1-5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 15, 16, 20-24, 28, 29, 32, 33, 35, 38, 41-44, 47, 48, 50, and 51; irinotecan hydrochloride IV over 90 minutes on days 1-5 of weeks 1, 4, 20, 23, 47, and 50; ifosfamide IV over 1 hour and etoposide IV over 1-2 hours on days 1-5 of weeks 9, 13, 17, 26, and 30; doxorubicin hydrochloride IV on days 1 and 2 of weeks 7, 11, 15, 28, and 32; cyclophosphamide IV over 30-60 minutes on day 1 of weeks 7, 11, 15, 28, 32, 35, 38, 41, and 44; dactinomycin IV on day 1 of weeks 35, 38, 41, and 44; and cixutumumab IV over 1 hour on day 1 of weeks 1-51. Patients also undergo radiotherapy* on days 1-5 of weeks 20-24.
- Group 2: Patients receive vincristine sulfate, irinotecan hydrochloride, ifosfamide, etoposide, doxorubicin hydrochloride, cyclophosphamide, and dactinomycin and undergo radiotherapy* as in group 1. Patients also receive oral temozolomide on days 1-5 of weeks 1, 4, 20, 23, 47, and 50.
- Group 3: Patients receive vincristine sulfate, irinotecan hydrochloride, ifosfamide, etoposide, doxorubicin hydrochloride, cyclophosphamide, dactinomycin, and cixutumumab and undergo radiotherapy* as in group 1. Patients also receive temozolomide as in group 2.
- NOTE: *Patients with parameningeal tumors and evidence of intracranial extension or those requiring emergency radiotherapy may receive radiotherapy starting in week 1; cixutumumab should be withheld during radiotherapy.
Patients in groups 1 and 3 may undergo blood sample collection at baseline and after completion of week 6 for IGF-I, IGF-II, and IGF-BP3 biomarker analysis.
After completion of study therapy, patients are followed up periodically for up to 10 years.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
cixutumumab, dactinomycin, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin hydrochloride, etoposide, ifosfamide, irinotecan hydrochloride, temozolomide, vincristine sulfate
Arkansas Cancer Research Center at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:16:26-0400
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as vincristine, irinotecan, ifosfamide, etoposide, doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, and dactinomycin, work in different ways to stop the growth of...
Hypothesis: SCH 717454 can be safely administered in combination with chemotherapy regimens in pediatric subjects. This is a Phase 1/1B, non-randomized, open-label, dose-escalation...
This randomized phase III trial studies how well combination chemotherapy (vincristine sulfate, dactinomycin, cyclophosphamide) alternated with vincristine sulfate and irinotecan hydrochlo...
The purpose of this study is to compare two preoperative chemotherapy regimens based on high-dose methotrexate courses given alternately either with doxorubicin or with etoposide-ifosfamid...
This is a "tissue banking and data review" research study that also has a "clinical" research part: - The goal of the tissue banking part of this study is to store tissue in a research...
In most countries, reference chemotherapy for osteosarcoma is MAP regimen (M = high-dose methotrexate, AP = doxorubicin-cisplatinum). In France, the standard preoperative chemotherapy for children...
Clearance of cisplatin, etoposide, and ifosfamide depends on kidney function and dosages should be adjusted in patients with renal impairment. However, there is still limited data on the adherence of ...
In this manuscript we aimed at the simultaneous separation and quantification of Gemcitabine and Irinotecan hydrochloride (injected both as single components and in combination) from Sprague Dawley ra...
Patients with large, high-grade extremity soft tissue sarcoma (STS) are at high risk for both local and distant recurrence. RTOG 95-14, using a regimen of neoadjuvant interdigitated chemoradiotherapy ...
Children with metastatic hepatoblastoma have a poor prognosis, even with dose intensification of cisplatin and doxorubicin. Vincristine and irinotecan have demonstrated activity in high risk disease. ...
A sulfhydryl compound used to prevent urothelial toxicity by inactivating metabolites from ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS, such as IFOSFAMIDE or CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE.
Positional isomer of CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE which is active as an alkylating agent and an immunosuppressive agent.
A semisynthetic derivative of PODOPHYLLOTOXIN that exhibits antitumor activity. Etoposide inhibits DNA synthesis by forming a complex with topoisomerase II and DNA. This complex induces breaks in double stranded DNA and prevents repair by topoisomerase II binding. Accumulated breaks in DNA prevent entry into the mitotic phase of cell division, and lead to cell death. Etoposide acts primarily in the G2 and S phases of the cell cycle.
A major cytochrome P-450 enzyme which is inducible by PHENOBARBITAL in both the LIVER and SMALL INTESTINE. It is active in the metabolism of compounds like pentoxyresorufin, TESTOSTERONE, and ANDROSTENEDIONE. This enzyme, encoded by CYP2B1 gene, also mediates the activation of CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE and IFOSFAMIDE to MUTAGENS.
A compound composed of a two CYCLIC PEPTIDES attached to a phenoxazine that is derived from STREPTOMYCES parvullus. It binds to DNA and inhibits RNA synthesis (transcription), with chain elongation more sensitive than initiation, termination, or release. As a result of impaired mRNA production, protein synthesis also declines after dactinomycin therapy. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1993, p2015)
In a clinical trial or interventional study, participants receive specific interventions according to the research plan or protocol created by the investigators. These interventions may be medical products, such as drugs or devices; procedures; or change...
Cancer is not just one disease but many diseases. There are more than 100 different types of cancer. Most cancers are named for the organ or type of cell in which they start - for example, cancer that begins in the colon is called colon cancer; cancer th...
Bladder Cancer Brain Cancer Breast Cancer Cancer Cervical Cancer Colorectal Head & Neck Cancers Hodgkin Lymphoma Leukemia Lung Cancer Melanoma Myeloma Ovarian Cancer Pancreatic Cancer ...