Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
1. To study the effectiveness of irbesartan 300mg and amlodipine 10 mg in 24h ambulatory blood pressure values in obese subjects
2. To study the drug specific effect in arterial stiffness
3. To study possible drug mechanisms in obesity (reduction of central adiposity and changing the ratio of leptin to adiponectin)
- Reduction of 24h BP in obese hypertensives
- Reduction in arterial stiffness
- Drug specific effect on new onset of diabetes
- Drug specific effect on reduction in central fat deposition and the leptin to adiponectin ratio
Study drugs: Irbesartan 300mg vs. amlodipine 10mg
Tx duration and follow-up: 12 months
- 24h SBP and DBP in time 0, 1, 12.
- Pulse wave velocity in time 0,1,12.
- Central obesity (total, visceral, abdominal fat) in time 0,1,12.
- Leptin/adiponectin in time 0,1,12.
- BMI, waist/hip ratio in time 0,1, 12.
- Glu, HbA1c, insulin in time 0, 1,12.
- K, Na, Cr, BUN, Chol, Tg, HDL, LDL,ALT, AST in time 0, 1,12. Number of patients: The reduction in mean SBP expected to be 15 mmHg. Previous studies from our group reported an 14mmHg SD for mean SBP. The sample size required at the two sided 5% significance level and 80% power is 40 patients (Lehr's formula)
Number of centers: 1
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
Hypertension-24h ABPM Center Papageorgiou Hospital
Not yet recruiting
Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:18:57-0400
Primary Objective: To demonstrate that the antihypertensive efficacy of the fixed combination irbesartan/amlodipine 300/5 mg is superior to that of irbesartan 300 mg monotherapy in ...
Primary Objective: - To demonstrate that the antihypertensive efficacy of the fixed combination irbesartan/amlodipine 150/5 mg is superior to that of amlodipine 5 mg monotherapy i...
To compare the antihypertensive efficacy and tolerability of irbesartan and irbesartan-hydrochlorothiazide fixed combination therapy with amlodipine and amlodipine plus hydrochlorothiazide...
To evaluate the blood pressure lowering effects of the combination of aliskiren 300 mg and HCTZ 25 mg in obese patients with essential hypertension inadequately treated with HCTZ 25 mg, co...
To observe the decreased levels of low-density lipoprotein from baseline in patients with obesity-related glomerulopathy (ORG) after 12 weeks of Sevelamer Carbonate treatment.
A rapid and sensitive method was established to determine amlodipine enantiomers using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). Stereoselective separation was performed on CHIRALCEL ...
Few clinical reports have addressed the use of the antihypertensive drug amlodipine during breastfeeding. The objective of this study is to characterize concentration-time profiles of amlodipine in ma...
Association of FTO rs9939609 with Obesity Association of FTO rs9939609 with Obesity Association of FTO rs9939609 with Obesity Association of FTO rs9939609 with Obesity Association of FTO rs9939609 wit...
Doxorubicin (DOX) is an anthracycline antibiotic that is used frequently for treatment of various types of malignancies. Hepatotoxicity is one of the serious complications of DOX. The aim of this stud...
Real-world tolerability and effectiveness of nebivolol as first add-on therapy were compared with hydrochlorothiazide, metoprolol, and amlodipine. Medical records of hypertensive adults initiating neb...
A pharmaceutical preparation of amlodipine and valsartan that is used for the treatment of HYPERTENSION.
A pharmaceutical preparation of amlodipine besylate and olmesartan medoxomil that combines ANGIOTENSIN II TYPE I RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST and CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKER activities. It is used in the management of HYPERTENSION.
A condition of having excess fat in the abdomen. Abdominal obesity is typically defined as waist circumferences of 40 inches or more in men and 35 inches or more in women. Abdominal obesity raises the risk of developing disorders, such as diabetes, hypertension and METABOLIC SYNDROME X.
The condition of weighing two, three, or more times the ideal weight, so called because it is associated with many serious and life-threatening disorders. In the BODY MASS INDEX, morbid obesity is defined as having a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2.
A sub-PHENOTYPE of obese individuals who have a risk for CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES between that of healthy individuals with normal weight and unhealthy individuals with obesity.
Obesity is the condition in which excess fat has accumulated in the body (mostly in subcutaneous tissues). clinical obesity is considered to be present when a person has a BMI of over 30 (Oxford Dictionary of Medicine). It is becoming increasing common i...
Clinical Approvals Clinical Trials Drug Approvals Drug Delivery Drug Discovery Generics Drugs Prescription Drugs In the fields of medicine, biotechnology and pharmacology, drug discovery is the process by which drugs are dis...
Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing as well as dispensing drugs and medicines. It is a health profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs. The scope of...