Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
Chinese prescriptions can inhibit viral replication according to the course of viral replication, and the effects is similar to the effect of HAART, and even better than the anti-viral and immune reconstitution of HAART due to its effect on improve immune system function. Over the past decades, many researchers have screened the effective Chinese medicines to treat AIDS.
- There is no record of AIDS in Chinese medicine, modern clinicians hold that AIDS is linked to TCM theory according to its pathogenesis, character of onset and clinical manifestations. As early as more than 2000 years ago, there were records of immune function in TCM. 2 TCM books recorded that "keep vital Qi, the evil will not invade the body "and" the invasion of evil is caused by the deficiency of vital Qi. Vital Qi summarizes the normal immune system function. Vital Qi is the basic material and physiological function which can eliminate the evil, regulating yin and yang and protect the body.
- And this is in accordance with defense, homeostasis and surveillance of immune system in western medicine. The knowledge of immunology has guided medical practice in China for more than two thousand years. In response to a variety of immune diseases, there are various immunotherapy such as Yiqi Fuzheng immunotherapy, reinforce kidney therapy, huoxuehuayu therapy and heat-clearing and detoxifying therapy. Throughout the course of AIDS, the evil (HIV) exists and the vital Qi is turning weak gradually. If we adopted a number of intervention measures to assist the body's Vital Qi, Vital Qi will be strengthened and the evil will be weakened. Therefore, TCM will play an important role in improving immune function.
- Chinese prescriptions can inhibit viral replication according to the course of viral replication, and the effects is similar to the effect of HAART, and even better than the anti-viral and immune reconstitution of HAART due to its effect on improve immune system function. Over the past decades, many researchers have screened the effective Chinese medicines to treat AIDS.
Researchers screened single Chinese herbs, some extract and the effective components of Chinese medicine and prescriptions. Some study the role of its anti-HIV, some study the role of its regulating immunization function. The former studies have shown that immunization 2 (Fuzheng 2) has wide effect on immune system and it can activate the reticuloendothelial system, macrophage phagocytes and lymphocyte transformation. And it can relieve disorders, imbalance of the immune system caused by HIV infection.
- In addition, this prescription can inhibit HIV reverse transcription polymerase enzyme and virus-induced syncytium formation, protect virus-infected cells, and inhibit virus replication in HIV-1 infected cells.
- Through the clinical trials, we will evaluate the effect of immune 2 (Fuzheng 2) on immune reconstitution of adult HIV/AIDS patients who have received HAART.
Allocation: Randomized, Control: Placebo Control, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Double Blind (Subject, Investigator), Primary Purpose: Treatment
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome Virus
Fuzheng 2, Placebo
Guang'anmen Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences
Guang'anmen Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences
Published on BioPortfolio: 2014-08-27T03:19:25-0400
Immunity 1 (Fuzheng 1) is composed of herbs which have tonic and detoxific function. The long-term clinical application has proved the safety and effect. It can improve the symptoms and si...
This study will identify genetic factors associated with the development of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). PML...
Vaccines have been very successful in preventing viral infections such as hepatitis B and the measles. Viral vaccines work by causing a person's immune system to make cells that will work ...
The primary purpose of the trial is adopted Fuzheng Huayu tablets against posthepatitic cirrhosis, and to build a standard evaluation system for efficacy of traditional Chinese medicine (T...
This is a research study to evaluate the safety of a vaccine to protect people from HIV infection. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is the cause of AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndr...
Young people living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) (PLWA) are at risk for HIV stigma.
Hypoalbuminemia may predict progression of disease and mortality in patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). This study was conducted to i...
To determine the prevalence and epidemiologic associations of Zika Virus (ZIKV) in HIV-infected patients in Ghana, West Africa.
Human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) is a viral infectious agent that gradually extinguishes the immune system, resulting in the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). The aim of this study was...
Diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome (DILS) is the term used for sicca syndrome in HIV patients and has similar clinical manifestations as Sjögren syndrome (SS). In this nationwide population-...
Acquired defect of cellular immunity that occurs naturally in macaques infected with SRV serotypes, experimentally in monkeys inoculated with SRV or MASON-PFIZER MONKEY VIRUS; (MPMV), or in monkeys infected with SIMIAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS.
Acquired defect of cellular immunity that occurs in cats infected with feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) and in some cats infected with feline leukemia virus (FeLV).
A species of LENTIVIRUS, subgenus feline lentiviruses (LENTIVIRUSES, FELINE) isolated from cats with a chronic wasting syndrome, presumed to be immune deficiency. There are 3 strains: Petaluma (FIP-P), Oma (FIP-O) and Puma lentivirus (PLV). There is no antigenic relationship between FIV and HIV, nor does FIV grow in human T-cells.
A disorder of cognition characterized by the tetrad of finger agnosia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, and right-left disorientation. The syndrome may be developmental or acquired. Acquired Gerstmann syndrome is associated with lesions in the dominant (usually left) PARIETAL LOBE which involve the angular gyrus or subjacent white matter. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p457)
An acquired defect of cellular immunity associated with infection by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), a CD4-positive T-lymphocyte count under 200 cells/microliter or less than 14% of total lymphocytes, and increased susceptibility to opportunistic infections and malignant neoplasms. Clinical manifestations also include emaciation (wasting) and dementia. These elements reflect criteria for AIDS as defined by the CDC in 1993.
An antibody is a protein produced by the body's immune system when it detects harmful substances, called antigens. Examples of antigens include microorganisms (such as bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses) and chemicals. Antibodies may be produc...
Allergies Automimmune Disease Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Immunology Vaccine Immunology is the study of immunity and the defence mechanisms of the body. A greater understanding of immunology is needed to develop vaccines, understand ...