Track topics on Twitter Track topics that are important to you
North Korea's doors are still open to US tourists, Pyongyang said Friday, despite Washington banning its citizens from travelling there following the death of a US student who had been jailed in the country. The US prohibition, which comes into effect September 1, was introduced after officials said the "serious risk" of arrest by Pyongyang authorities during tourist travel presented an "imminent danger to the physical safety" of its nationals. The move was triggered by the death of 22-year-old Otto Warmbier, who was sentenced to 15 years' hard labour in the North for trying to steal a propaganda poster during a tourist visit but was released in a mysterious coma in June and died soon afterwards.
Original Article: N. Korea says door remains 'open' for US touristsNEXT ARTICLE